1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Accessories Desk Dock audio out with eb01

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mumblin2myself, Feb 22, 2011.

1. mumblin2myself

So I've rooted and updated, and the desk dock audio out is now functional. Granted, I have to have the Samsung Desk Cradle app running to take advantage of it, but that's simple enough to deal with.

I'm a little perturbed, though. After months and months of waiting for this functionality, it seems as though the sound quality of the jack is unadulterated crap. Hissing, popping, static - you name it. The phone's jack is excellent - sound is crisp and clear - but as soon as I'm running my audio through the dock, it goes to shit. As I type this, my phone is sitting next to the dock so that I can listed to music while I work.

Am I missing a setting somewhere that might fix it? Could it make a difference that I'm running SuperClean? Is there any chance that the OTA will fix this?

If not, WTF am I supposed to do now? If this had been obvious in September, when I bought the dock, I would have returned it and found another solution.

Sorry to be so grumbly. This is just supremely frustrating.

EDIT: Forgot about this thread. Turning up the media volume fixed this problem. All is well. :)

Advertisement