• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

DeskSMS on Droid X

mortymouse

Jun 29, 2010
This is a must have app for people that want to use their computer to text. Durning the day in the office I am always on my laptop, doesnt matter where I am at its usually on and around. Using DeskSMS (MARKET LINK) from Koush, I have been able to do just that.

While the app is still in Beta and has some issues here and there, it really works well. I use it on Firefox and its been working well, I am going to try it on Chrome tomorrow and from what I hear that is working pretty sweet.

Seriously, if you are looking for this ability, you need to get in on this beta. After the Beta its looking at a $5 annual pricetag, thats money well spent even if it was just to donate to koush. :)

Great stuff, my X keeps getting easier to hold on to and wait for the Prime. :)

Thanks! Im giving it a go right now and it seems to work pretty smooth so far. Made a filter in gmail so all my messages go to one folder and I dont get duplicate notifications on my phone.

Yep did the same. The fact I can even use my email to respond back to the text as well is just awesome. This app saved me today at work as I was dealing with a private issue via text for an hour or two and was able to all do it from the laptop as I was in salesforce. LOL

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones