• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Desktop Charger?

lexluthor

Android Expert
May 15, 2010
I'm trying to figure out exactly what this item is.

Battery Desktop Charger For Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Pro2 - eBay (item 280506247151 end time Jun-11-10 19:18:47 PDT)

I can use this to charge an extra battery while it's not in the phone? Can I then also plug in the USB cable and charge my phone at the same time?

Anyone bought this one or can suggest a similar/better one?

I'd love to have my extra battery always charged and available and it would be nice to use that wall connection to charge my phone too.

True, it's not a desktop charger then, but seems to service the purpose I'd need and for cheap, if it's truly compatible and works.

I'd probably prefer to have the extra battery on something on my desktop, but I've seen a few of those type and they are in the $25 range, I think.

I'm curious if your friend got the same one and how it works.

Anyone else want to chime in with suggestions too, feel free.

Upvote 0
True, it's not a desktop charger then, but seems to service the purpose I'd need and for cheap, if it's truly compatible and works.

I'd probably prefer to have the extra battery on something on my desktop, but I've seen a few of those type and they are in the $25 range, I think.

I'm curious if your friend got the same one and how it works.

Anyone else want to chime in with suggestions too, feel free.

Hey, I linked Catstide to this thread earlier in hopes he would post his thoughts but it looks like he didnt make it over. I did speak with him about it and he says it works either way. Right now he is using it as the desktop charger plugged in to the wall through USB. He says "Either way.... plugs into the wall OR powers via USB."

Heres the link to the thread,

http://androidforums.com/htc-incredible/72747-battery-only-charger.html#post680380

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones