• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Desktop Clock Night Mode vanished since ICS

Noghar

Lurker
Apr 20, 2010
London
I charge my GS2 at the bedside and using Plug In Launcher have it set up to switch to Desktop Clock (the built in Samsung version) automatically, overriding the lock if the phone is locked.

After displaying the clock full-screen for five minutes or so, it used to automatically switch to a screensaver mode, with pale yellow numerals that moved slowly around the darkened screen. It was very dim and easy to sleep beside, and caused minimal wear to the screen.

However since ICS this feature has vanished. The standard Desktop Clock comes on at full brightness and glares at me all night. This keeps me awake and presumably does not do the screen any good, so I have taken to switching it off. I can find no settings in the app for Night Mode and can't even find any reference to its existence on Google. I would rather have this simple effective function back than buy an app to do something my GS2 used to do anyway.

All help gratefully received.

(Also, wasn't ICS supposed to change the Gallery layout so it didn't waste so much screen estate? Mine's exactly the same as before...)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones