1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Desktop constantly "reloading" (for lack of better term)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rjray, Jul 14, 2011.

1. rjray

rjray Lurker
    None

Jul 14, 2011
    I'm having a frustrating problem, that has recently gotten to be much more frequent. First, a description of the problem:

When exiting an application, instead of just going to the desktop I get the green-on-white "HTC" and then the "Loading..." spinner. After 10-15 seconds I get back to the desktop. It seems like it is having to re-start the desktop manager or something (sorry, I'm thinking in terms of my Linux desktop, at that might not be the right analogy here).

Before I recently went with the Gingerbread upgrade, this happened occasionally. Also, it only happened when I hit the "Home" button to exit an application. So I thought it was possibly due (at least in part) to my use of the app "Quick Desktop". Perhaps it was occasionally overwriting something important. But now, since the upgrade, it is happening a lot more often. Almost half the time I exit an app. And it is no longer limited to just when I hit "Home", it can happen when I exit an app normally as well.

Does this ring any bells with anyone?

Randy

Advertisement

2. kingp

kingp Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 19, 2010
    IT Systems Consultant
    Murfreesboro, TN
    What you are seeing is not an aberration. I'm not sure what Sprint/HTC did to screw up this gingerbread release, but it has certainly not been fun to deal with.

I too get the reload screen most times when leaving an app to go back to the desktop. I'm rooted and will probably just go back to Froyo until they release 2.3.4, if they do.

3. Uglytuc

Uglytuc Newbie
    None

Jun 22, 2011
    Welcome to the world of GB on the Evo. I never got this before the upgrade and now get it at least 10 times a day. It is HTC Sense crashing and probably the most annoying thing out of all the bugs I've experienced after 2.3.3.

4. ajl995

ajl995 Newbie
    None

Dec 15, 2010
    I am having the same issue. I brought my phone to sprint and they did a hard reset, not once but twice and they still were scratching their heads. Plus I had several other problems so they swapped it out for another one. But after a few days the problem started again. It starts happens when the data loads back into htc sense. You can see this if you clear the data you won't have the problem till data loads again (this will clean out your home screens).

5. dacbeth

dacbeth Member
    None

Sep 6, 2010
    Read this thread:

Sprint Community: HTC Sense Issue Consolidation Thread

Tags: