• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Desktop Cradle my Dad made!

Danariel

Lurker
Jul 17, 2010
Hey, all! Just wanted to brag on my Dad a bit. I had an idea for a desktop dock with some embellishments, and being a Graphic Designer, I drew him out a pattern. He's taken hardwoods (most are Maple, one is Yellowwood, one is Walnut, and the others are Cherry) and cut them out using a scrollsaw, then filled in the parts he cut out with epoxy mixed with different colored paint. He made 3 for me, and liked them so much that he's made several more (smaller ones) for extended family. He's making 2 more for my sister and her husband with different designs (by me.)

First, a pic of my Incredible in it. Pretty sure it'll hold up to a Droid X in size, my Incredible is in the Innocase Surface II.

Next, the three he made for me:

The faces:

This one is made from Yellowwood:

and my Butterfly with a Name Plate he made me a couple of years ago, color match:

The ones he made for family:

Face of the Butterfly:

Another style, sized for my Mom's Razr:

Dad and I make a great team!

Reactions: AH1z

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones