1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Desktop Music Client

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by zetroc, Aug 9, 2012.

1. zetroc

zetroc Android Enthusiast

I feel as though Google should make a desktop client for music a la iTunes. And yes, the Music Manager is there, but it almost feels terribly outdated what with iTunes or even WMP. I would like to make my music available for offline listening on my home computer. My phone/tablet has only so much space, so I have to be selective as to what I make available "On-device". With a music client, I'd be able to cache ALL my music, and thus manage it easily. I think it would be another convenience in the ecosystem, not so much a deal breaker. Play Music has advanced enough that now we can get to wishing for features. Thoughts?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

You don't need a dedicated music client for Android because you can just drag and drop the music files from your phone to your computer like from a normal flash drive. Then you can use any music player.

If you really have to, you can use Windows Media Player to sync your music between your phone and PC. Personally I use WinAMP.

3. zetroc

zetroc Android Enthusiast

You cannot do that with Play Music files. Those are stored as data and as far as I'm concerned they are inaccessible and I'm sure any way to gain access to them is too much work/effort. I don't see why Google doesn't create a Play Music client for desktops and allow it to be another authorized device that you can pin songs for "on-device" storage.

4. Demache

Demache Android Expert

I'm not sure as to what you mean exactly. This is how I basically manage my music and it works for me.

I download the song to my PC and put it in my specified music folder. Google Music Manager uploads it to Play Music. It also goes into iTunes for my iPod Classic that I use in my car. All music is still stored locally on my PC obviously for iTunes, but also so I do have copies in case I have no internet etc.