• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Desktop search bar issues

Madhog6

Lurker
Jan 7, 2019
I can figure out how to clear the search history on the search bar that was on my phone desktop by default. So far if I go through one by one i can delete stuff but who knows how long that list is.

I tried clearing it through chrome but the search bar seems to be its own app and they operate separately.

I tried the avg and avast disk cleaner and that did not help either.

I just removed the whole search bar from the desktop and now I have no clue where it is, or whether that search history is there.

I haven't been searching anything malicious, just want to figure it out.

This is likely to have been the Google search bar which acts as a widget. So once you deleted it from your homepage it disappeared. To get it back long press on the homepage and select widgets, now look for the Google widgets and select them, now select the search bar and add it back to your screen.

To delete your history try this:

Tap in the search bar, close the keyboard and select the Expore your interests link at the bottom.

This takes you to the main search page, tap the More button on the bottom of the page and then Recent.

Select the options button (3 dots) top right and select My Activity.

This takes you to your account page, again select the options button (3 dots) top right and select Delete Activity By.

In the date field it will say today, select it and pick All Time, select Delete and go through the 3 confirmation pages and it will clear your search history.

Note that it will take a few minutes to clear on your search bar, you can speed it up by selecting one of the recent searches and long pressing on it and deleting it. This will result in all searches disappearing.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones