1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Desperate for project tracking app

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by wrkrbee, Apr 22, 2011.

1. wrkrbee

wrkrbee Lurker
    None

Jan 5, 2011
    I currently have a blackberry storm2. I use a product called blacktrack on the phone and on the pc, the maker has a plug in called time-aid. I purchased a license for time-aid and blacktrack for under $30. I have found this product to work very well for me.

I really want to get away from BBerry because I do not feel they are keeping up with current technology. I have played around with several newer smartphones on the android platform and am very interested in getting one; however, the only thing holding me back is timetracking software. I am in the condo association management business and really need to document all time without having to spend the exhausting time manually documenting.

Blacktrack captures phone, sms, email activity on the phone and syncs back over the data connection via a free email address to time-aid.

Time-aid runs on the computer and automatically captures computer activity and includes blacktrack info so I have all computer use AND phone use. At the end of the day I then drag the time spent onto my projects / tasks. The application then tallies the time spent on each project / task, time assigned. I can then export the data and create a billable spreadsheet. I can also search activity, make notes, start / stop timers, and enter manual entries.

Unfortunately the maker of this app has not ported it over to any other platform than Blackberry and I cannot find any app which allows me the same abilities.

Anyone out there know of an app which will work.

I have QB, but I know how much time is utilized manually importing and commenting on each activity.

Advertisement

jodbot likes this.
  2. wrkrbee

wrkrbee Lurker
    None

Jan 5, 2011
    No one.....????

3. rbasusparky

rbasusparky Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 3, 2011
    I haven't used a project time tracking app but you can check out Time Recording Timesheet App/Time Recording Pro (Dynamic G) or Timesheet/Timesheet2 (Powder366). Check out the reviews on the android market or appbrain and check out other similar apps that have been listed on the left or right side of the page and visit the developer's site or the official page to find out more information about the apps. With regards to phone call logging, I use CallTrack (asterdroid mobile) which tracks incoming, outgoing, and missed phone calls to your google calendar. I set up a new calendar and called it Call Log (you can set up multiple calendars for your gamil account) so as not to clutter my main calendar and set up CallTrack to log the calls (including your current phone log before CallTrack was installed) to that calendar. You can always grab a phone number from any PC by logging into your calendar if you leave your phone and you can set up various calendars/agenda widgets to track the Call Log calendar that you set up as well. Hope this helps.

4. AngryHatter

AngryHatter Android Expert
    None

Jan 21, 2011
    QA Admin
    SoCal
    There are many project tracking apps but I am not certain what it is you wish the app to do.

5. dvhttn

dvhttn Android Expert

Oct 17, 2010
    I wish ....
    Sunny Cornwall
  6. wrkrbee

wrkrbee Lurker
    None

Jan 5, 2011
    To clarify what I am looking for:

1 program that runs and AUTOMATICALLY captures TIME from my phone for all activity including phone, sms, email, etc.

and automatically captures activity from the computer. For instance, anything I open up on my computer is logged in a "timesheet", I can then go back and use that activity to assign it to a particular client or task.

At the end of the day, week, month, etc, I pull up the timesheets portion of the application which captured from both my phone and my computer and automatically tallies total time for each project /task. I can then click on a particular week, day, etc, and find exactly how much time was utilized for a particular project/ client/ task. I can also export or email the tallied data. I do not have to do any manipulation once exported of the data to obtain totals or tally per week.

Before I posted here, I tried searching, but everything I found was related to checking in and out of a project, which I do not want. I do not want to have to manually enter anything unless there is an activity or task during which I am not using my phone or computer, i.e., such as filing.

7. wrkrbee

wrkrbee Lurker
    None

Jan 5, 2011
    I don't use Google calendar, I use Outlook.

Secondly, I need the time to tally, not just record since i do not want to spend hours upon hours of manually entering data.

Before I added this thread I of course searched (for several hours) and found nothing which suited my needs.

8. wrkrbee

wrkrbee Lurker
    None

Jan 5, 2011
    that app will not work for my needs as it works on a check in / check out basis, and does not provide automatic logging capabilities.

9. dtchiz

dtchiz Member
    None

Mar 15, 2011
    Mid West
    Not sure if it will fit your needs but being in Project Management I switch tasks, projects & even locations constantly but still need to be able to track billable hours.

Ive had great success with:
    Time Recorder

Its been perfect for my needs, still using the free one but getting ready to upgrade once the new phone is in hand.

10. wrkrbee

wrkrbee Lurker
    None

Jan 5, 2011
    Did anyone read what I posted? I don't want to spend the time checking in and out of projects or manually entering information. Need app that autocaptures and tallies time using timesheet.

11. dvhttn

dvhttn Android Expert

Oct 17, 2010
    I wish ....
    Sunny Cornwall
    Have you asked the developer whether he knows of any apps. like that on Android? He may not be doing one himself but he may know a man who does .....

Dave

12. terse storm

terse storm Newbie
    None

Jan 31, 2011
    You complain when no one posts to your thread, and then when they do, you complain some more.