1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Desperate to recover audio 2014 Samsung android 4.3

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by William David, Aug 7, 2020.

1. William David

William David Lurker

Desperate to recover audio file - Legal reasons.
    Have poured over the forums and apps and don't see anything.
    I was using an old backup phone 2014 Samsung w/ ANDROID 4.3 (Galaxy Ace Style)
    Was using native android 4.3 VOICE RECORDER app.
    After end of recording session, I hit "cancel" instead of "save".
    Would it have been stored anyway, even though I hit "cancel", since it was recording for 20 mins or so? or would that be held in RAM and then deleted when I hit "cancel", and therefore gone for good?
    PHONE: SAMSUNG SM-S765C from 2014
    4GB / 512MB RAM
    ANDROID 4.3 2014
    ANDROID NATIVE VOICE RECORDER
    Thank You!

2. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Until you save, it would have been in a temporary buffer in RAM. Which was cleared when the recorder app exited. Nothing recoverable.

ocnbrze likes this.
  3. William David

William David Lurker

I see. But something like a 3hr recording would not have room in bufffer? So it seems in some cases it would be actually recorded while live? I'm being harassed by a psycho person and just had the recording I needed, but panicked when the screen saver closed on it and pressed the wrong button. Literally punched my self for doing this.

4. svim

svim Extreme Android User

The odds that a 3 hour recording, in a 'waiting to be saved' cached data state, is very, very unlikely when it involves only 512MB of storage. A three minute audio recording maybe (still not very likely) but a 3 hour audio file, even if it's mono, 8kbps will be such poor sound quality it will mostly sound like a muffled static.

ocnbrze and Dannydet like this.