1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Desperately need help with Sprint Galaxy S2!! Phone acting funny-ROOT/UNROOT

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Thmper, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Thmper

Thmper Newbie
    None

Oct 2, 2012
    Female
    I'm having a hard time finding a forum/thread similar to my issue for support. My phone was rooted over a year ago. A few months ago I unrooted it using Odin3. One of the "warnings" I remember reading was that if your phone started acting funny (I can't remember exact words used) after unrooting, then something went wrong and you would need to root and unroot again. My problem is I can not find that forum again!

I thought my phone was unrooted successfully, except now a few months later, it is having some serious issues. It randomly reboots itself, says it has battery power but powers down by itself, won't hold a charge for more than an hour, my "wake" button doesn't work anymore, the screen display is visible but sometimes doesn't register touch, ect. It's out of control.

I wish I could just turn it in to sprint to be replaced, but it's come to my attention that even though it was unrooted, it could still have a watermark. I need to get my phone 100% unrooted (including the watermark). Any help would be greatly appreciated more than you know! I'm fairly new to this site and it's forums and I guess I would be considered a noob -____- Thanks so much!! I can't take this crap with my phone anymore! :(

Advertisement

2. KitsapAndroid

KitsapAndroid Android Enthusiast
    None

May 13, 2010
    Male
    Group Sales Associate/Front Desk Clerk
    Washington (state)
    Your battery and screen issues sounds like a dieing battery. Many, many people (myself included) have had their batteries go bad with this particular phone. That's where I would start. Take out the battery nad lay it on something flat and see if it spins. If either side spins freely, then your battery is bulging and needs replaced. Secondly, Sprint doesn't care if your handset has been rooted or not. If it's not the battery, then just take it in and get it checked out. You'll be fine.

Thmper likes this.
  3. Thmper

Thmper Newbie
    None

Oct 2, 2012
    Female
    Thanks so much!! Yes, it's bulging :/ About Sprint though, I had an Evo 4G that was rooted with a bad rom & refused to start, along with other issues. I tried taking it into Sprint to be replaced and they came back saying they cant do anything because it's rooted. They also flagged it in their system. Luckily, I ended up being able to fix it myself. Thanks for the battery tip. It's definitely bulging. I'll be taking it to sprint soon as I get the chance :)