• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Desperately seeking Raiders jacket

Rgarner

Android Expert
May 9, 2017
My friend can't find his Oakland Raiders jacket. It's vintage leather, black with the word OAKLAND above the helmet insignia on the left chest. There are some big silver stripes on the sleeves, and striped cuff bands. Anybody who knows where to get one, please tell.

Maybe I can upload some images. We're looking for an exact match. I wish I knew the brand name.
Screenshot_20210915-185941.png
Screenshot_20210915-185941.png
Screenshot_20210915-185902.png
Screenshot_20210915-190044.png
Screenshot_20210915-170627.png
Screenshot_20210915-185917.png
Screenshot_20210915-185928.png

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0
I wouldn't dare to ask. That's funny that you like the Broncos. There's a team some people love to hate, but then I guess that's true for all of them. I thought they would do better with Bridgewater but if they can't protect him he'll be lucky to have only one concussion this season. Let's wish 'em all luck.

Upvote 0
He's really getting edgy about not having that jacket. How do I crop identifiers out of the picture and show just the jacket itself? I don't have any fancy photo editing tools which I probably wouldn't know how to use anyway, just what was loaded into the phone when I bought it. It's a Samsung A02s.

Upvote 0
He's really getting edgy about not having that jacket. How do I crop identifiers out of the picture and show just the jacket itself? I don't have any fancy photo editing tools which I probably wouldn't know how to use anyway, just what was loaded into the phone when I bought it. It's a Samsung A02s.
You should be able to crop using many free utilities (ms paint on pc, your default photo editor on your phone, etc.). If you need help you can send me the photo via direct message and I can crop it out and send it back to you.

Reactions: Rgarner
Upvote 0
Ok, how would I send it to you? I want to show only the jacket, as much of it as possible. Then I guess it would be relatively safe to post it online, if I can figure out how to do that.
I believe you already uploaded some images in the fifth post HERE. So if those aren't the ones you're looking to upload, you can click my name and select "start a conversation". That will start a private message with just you and I and you can upload the picture via the upload a file button at the bottom of the message box.

Reactions: Rgarner
Upvote 0
Not meaning to rain on your parade, but finding that exact, near 40 year old jacket, that would be a proper fit, is more like a needle in many haystacks. You could try contacting the Raiders front office and they might have some record as to who made the jacket in 1983. The city of Oakland might have some record of businesses active in 1983. I doubt either avenue mention will be of help.

I still suggest creating a search on ebay. Do a search for vintage Raiders jacket. Look through the many pages of hits I just found to see if you might find the jacket you want. Once you have gone through ever page of jackets and don't find a match, safe your search and have an email sent to you whenever a new ad is placed. I have had success finding some 70 year old tools I wanted. It didn't happen over night but it did happen.

I'm sure your friend would love to get his jacket back. Even if you find the same jacket... it will not be the one that's lost. He might have to settle for one that's similar or simply deal with his loss.

The last option, but I'm sure quite expensive, would be to take your pictures to a reputable tailor and have one made. I'm sure it can be reproduced... if money was no object.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones