• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Desperatley need help...

mbuxx

Lurker
Nov 18, 2010
Okay so heres the deal.... ive been trying to root my phone, and get clockwork mod. Somehow during the process i have messed something up.

My phone is currently rooted, but do not have CWRecovery.

For some reason, when i reboot my phone i get error message ""The process com.google.process.gapps has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again" and my market doesnt work so i cant download Root Explorer or Terminal Emulator and on top of all of that, i factory reset my phone but i still have super user icon.

I just want the phone back to normal at this point...i cant use the market and its very frustrating...
I am with telus so i dont know if i can use that "back to stock" tutorial...

can someone please help me...

Im rather new, only owned my android for 2 days... they guys over at the fascinate forum directed me over here...said i have the same fone as the vibrant?

M
Okay so heres the deal.... ive been trying to root my phone, and get clockwork mod. Somehow during the process i have messed something up.

For some reason, when i reboot my phone i get error message ""The process com.google.process.gapps has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again" and my market doesnt work so i cant download Root Explorer or Terminal Emulator and on top of all of that, i factory reset my phone but i still have super user icon.

I just want the phone back to normal at this point...i cant use the market and its very frustrating...

Afaik the telus fascinate is the same as the T-Mobile vibrant and u might get more help in that forum.

However using Odin to restore ur phone to stock *should* work

Upvote 0
is there any way you can give me instructions on how to do so...ive only been an android'er for 2 days...
i noticed the tutorial for back to stock on the verizon version...would it matter if i used that file?

I haven't investigated how exactly to return a vibrant to stock I know Odin is involved but the process may be different than ours. Ask in vibrant root section although I think even different files are involved..... as the mesmorize our cousin phone can't use our files.

Really just advice in general that u should spend some time getting accustomed to android as an os before trying to mod ur phone. 2 days imo is not enough time to have done so.

Just saying....:rolleyes:

Upvote 0

Im rather new, only owned my android for 2 days... they guys over at the fascinate forum directed me over here...said i have the same fone as the vibrant?

Upvote 0
i really just need to get access to the market right now to download the terminal emulator to remove the root. any problems after that... i was just going to go swap my phone because i have 30 days lol... i know its not the most... honest thing to do but......i keep getting an error when i boot my phone and i believe its causing the market not to work...everything gets stuck at the starting download and never goes... :( can you help me here?

"the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

Upvote 0
neither am i .. i feel pretty guilty doing so... but i just paid 600 bucks for this sum a b and i wish i would have checked this post a while ago.. i retried to flash clockwork and now the phone is bricked.... :( dont even know if i can take it back..

So lets say you go get a new car and decide to do a motor swap, just to make it faster, and in the process of lifting the motor it falls and busts the transmission. Do you think its cool to take the car back to the dealership? No so why do people that screw up their phones trying to hack them, not to mention with no help or research, think its ok to take them back and just get a new one?:mad:

Upvote 0
i dont own a vibrant... its a telus samsung galaxy s fascinate....???

I think the telus galaxy s is the same or similar to a vibrant. I could be wrong though. If it has a sim card is definately is not the same as a verizon fascinate though. I am trying to figure out which model exactly the telus one is. Samsung needs to do a better job differentiating model numbers

edit: Under your battery what is the model number?

I cant find a model number or figure out its closest relative. Its definitely gsm but it looks like a fascinate not a vibrant. Verizon Fascinate Odin files would almost definitely brick it.

Upvote 0
So lets say you go get a new car and decide to do a motor swap, just to make it faster, and in the process of lifting the motor it falls and busts the transmission. Do you think its cool to take the car back to the dealership? No so why do people that screw up their phones trying to hack them, not to mention with no help or research, think its ok to take them back and just get a new one?:mad:

What's your problem? Why are you getting so worked up over this? If he wants to take it back, let him.

From what I have heard, most of the time they will swap it for a refurbished unit.

Upvote 0
What's your problem? Why are you getting so worked up over this? If he wants to take it back, let him.

From what I have heard, most of the time they will swap it for a refurbished unit.

I really don't want this to be like an argument..esp with a guide. But think about it what are a big percentage af us here for, esp in the root forums? Because we want to hack our phones for the fun of it to see how cool we can make them. But if everyone that bricks their phone just takes it back for a new one do you not think the companys will not start to look into it? And if it comes to that do you not think that they will come to the point that they will make the phone unhackable(don't think that's a word but you get my drift lol). So yea its whatever to people taking them back but it'll suck going back to a stock phone in the future..theres my .02 now I will get off my soap box and hope I didn't piss anyone off too bad.

Upvote 0

Yeah I wish the Guy the best and not to beat a dead horse but personally I feel that every time someone bricks a device Modding it (or returns a completely fixable device) it justifies what Motorola and HTC are doing in locking down devices.

My take is if u root u should take full responsibility for ur actions that's all:cool:

Upvote 0
man....i came here for help...not to be bashed... and yes, i pay for insurance on my phone, if you accidentally crashed your car, would you use your insurance?

Like I said I wish u the best and meant no offense. That being said ROOT VOIDS YOUR WARRANTY AND THAT IS AN INDISPUTABLE FACT

Now that's not to say that you wont sneak it past telus as thousands have on all carriers, but just going forward if you ever hack ur phone again please remember root is a serious undertaking and read all that u can before doing it. Don't jump in blindly. Also take sometime to get familiar with android in general you may not even feel the need to root as the device may be just fine for you stock:D

Upvote 0
thanks for the heads up nitsuj17 ... ive spent all day trying to fix and no one can seem to figure it out as i cannot install clockwork, it continues to fail over and over, and even if i can, the only stock files i can find are the ones for verizon :(... all and all im tired as shit and im going to take phone back in the morning, for future refrense, i apologize to all those i have offended by jumping to the "swapping my phone" conclusion. I dont want a shitty start here at the forums and i will be sure to learn more and read up on the issue next time!

Cheer fellas

Upvote 0
thanks for the heads up nitsuj17 ... ive spent all day trying to fix and no one can seem to figure it out as i cannot install clockwork, it continues to fail over and over, and even if i can, the only stock files i can find are the ones for verizon :(... all and all im tired as shit and im going to take phone back in the morning, for future refrense, i apologize to all those i have offended by jumping to the "swapping my phone" conclusion. I dont want a shitty start here at the forums and i will be sure to learn more and read up on the issue next time!

Cheer fellas

hope it all works out for you, and im sure this experience will help you going forward with a new device :)

Upvote 0
I don't know way so many deem they must Unlock and/or Root there smartphones or whatever you want to call it.

You screw it up and suffer the consequences. If it does not work right after that. You can't fault the phone(hardware) or software. Since you screwed with it.

Unless you have prepared a backup recovery procedure to return it to its original state leave well enough alone at least for the 1st year while the warranty is active.

Upvote 0
I don't know way so many deem they must Unlock and/or Root there smartphones or whatever you want to call it.

You screw it up and suffer the consequences. If it does not work right after that. You can't fault the phone(hardware) or software. Since you screwed with it.

Unless you have prepared a backup recovery procedure to return it to its original state leave well enough alone at least for the 1st year while the warranty is active.

Rooting and nodding your phone is a fairly pain free process if you do your research ahead of time and make sure you have all backup.and restore files....however its not an arbitrary process and caution is still the word of the day

However to me its the ability to mod android phones that make them so great....id get an iphone or wp7 if i just wanted a straight from the box experience. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones