• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Despite successful conversion, video will not play

I have looked at several forum posts on several sites to find a solution to my problem, but have failed. I have a G1 that does not seem to like mp4s. The various forums all recommended this file type (some recommended ipod presets, others iphone) but I've successfully converted files to mp4 using a few different converters that will still not play on my G1. Is there some problem with my specific phone? Any light you can shed on this would be greatly appreciated.

I have looked at several forum posts on several sites to find a solution to my problem, but have failed. I have a G1 that does not seem to like mp4s. The various forums all recommended this file type (some recommended ipod presets, others iphone) but I've successfully converted files to mp4 using a few different converters that will still not play on my G1. Is there some problem with my specific phone? Any light you can shed on this would be greatly appreciated.

Have a look here...

HandBrake • View topic - HTC G1 Android Mobile, HandBrake settings

It's probably the maximum allowed bitrate that's stopping the mp4s from working. Different devices can cope with different bitrates.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones