• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Destroy Gunners (Mech Assault &. Armored Core like Android Exclusive)

supermanlegend

Android Enthusiast
May 12, 2011
United Statea
Destroy Gunners is an incredibly high quality android exclusive that Armored Core, Mech Assault, and Gundam fans should love dearly. The game features a ton of weapons, mechs, and enemies to keep you coming back. Top it off with the most superb controls I could imagine, impressive graphics, and outstanding framerate atleast on Evo3D. Android gamers have plenty to proud of.

The game has a free version and a paid that will cost around $10 not your typical game price on Android, but for a game of this quality I can definitely see why. Spectral Souls sales for $15 and definitely has the gameplay and content to back it up. I haven't played the full version yet but believe this maybe too. Being an android exclusive and high quality these are the kind of games we need to support to see android grow.

*Star Means Free

*Destroy Gunners F http://market.android.com/details?id=jp.shade.DGunsF

Destroy Gunners SP http://market.android.com/details?id=jp.shade.DGunsSP

Haven't played too much of it, but yes, let me add my vote, too... it's possibly a bit over-priced? Depending on how it develops? But definitely not by that much. I'm hampered on the Desire by the poor multi-touch, and it does slow down a fair bit when a lot of enemies appear on screen at once, but whatever black magic the developers have been using this runs astonishingly well so far. One of the best-looking titles on the OS, end of story; the draw distance is fairly short but the enemies are reasonably detailed and the FX look great, particularly the rocket trails.

I'm not sure yet how good a game it is? There's no real story, just grinding levels to complete simple missions and earn replacement mecha parts (or picking them up even if you fail). And I just hit a boss battle on the 3rd level where the guy just pastes me with melee hits in a few seconds, so I don't know how irritating that'll be, particularly as I can't really control the game the way it's meant to be played. Oh, and I wish to God app2sd was compulsory - 20MB of internal memory is huge. But other than that, get the demo version if you can run it, even if you've got a older phone like mine. Seriously. Technically at least it's outstanding, and playing it the signs are extremely promising so far.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones