1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Destroyed HTC EVO! Need Super Droiders advice PLEASE HELP!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by AndroidDummy, Feb 5, 2011.

1. AndroidDummy

AndroidDummy Newbie

Sounds good, im 70% done with the download. Also I wanted to say thank you for all of your help. Your great!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. akazabam

akazabam Android Expert

No problem :). Let me know how it goes.

3. AndroidDummy

AndroidDummy Newbie

Didn't work. I am hoaxed. It cant find my phone.

4. AndroidDummy

AndroidDummy Newbie

wow it kida worked but then stopped after a few min.

It gave me this " ERROR[140]:BOOTLOADER VERSION ERROR
    The ROM update Utility cannot update your Android phone.
    Please get the correct ROM Update Utility and try again.

BTW it was

To: image version

5. akazabam

akazabam Android Expert

6. AndroidDummy

AndroidDummy Newbie

Ya I just checked and I do have hboot v 97. I am in the process of downloading the file now I will try it out and let you know what the outcome is. Again, thanks for your time. :D

7. AndroidDummy

AndroidDummy Newbie

No way!!!!!!!!!!!:D It worked. I finally saw the 4g screen and jumped for joy. I am so exited and I would like to say thank you so much guys. Especially to akazabam! You did great and helped me through the whole thing. Ed you also helped me out and i would like to thank you as well.

Alrighty now I have another question I think this may be a little more basic. When I push the power button on the top of the unlock screen bar it still says MetroPCS? Is there a way that I can take it off or have it removed?

Mr. Ed likes this.
  8. akazabam

akazabam Android Expert

Great :). I knew we'd get there. Perhaps the RUU for 0.97 was a bad download. It can happen. Anyway, good to know it all works. Just to make sure you're where you should be, can you go to menu->settings->about phone->software information, and make sure your baseband radio version is 2.15.00.11.19? It should be, but it doesn't hurt to verify (it probably wouldn't even boot if there was a problem there).

Anyway, for the banner issues, I'm afraid you'd still need to be rooted to change it. There are methods on xda, but I believe they all require root. Not only that, but this person never got it to work, unfortunately. You might try searching xda, but you'd probably need to root again. Here's a few applicable threads:

Hex Edit Method for Changing Sprint banner text on Lockscreens OR Notification Menu - xda-developers
    [GUIDE] How to change the Sprint banner using CDMA workshop - xda-developers

EDIT: Oh, and I suggest you still consider getting a bigger card. You might have other issues down the road with such a small one.

9. AndroidDummy

AndroidDummy Newbie

Just checked the settings and im A OK. I am following the guide and trying to change the banner. I downloaded a zip drive but dont know how to install the port??? I guess the zipdrive is the port. Any ideas?

EDIT: this is to install the Diag drivers. Just so your not wondering what im talking about.

EDIT: WOW I have to buy cdma workshop? its 99$

10. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Extreme Android User

11. AndroidDummy

AndroidDummy Newbie

WOW this is a mission. I think I will just have to bear with the Metro PCS on there. My eyes hurt from all this reading. Thanks alot guys. I wish there were just an easier way to change the banner. Its fine tho.

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews