• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Detailed guide to spotting undercover COPS while driving...

These are pretty useful. Unfortunately, some of the dead giveaways like the hubcaps and grille are almost useless since sometimes they are just retired police cars that have been resold for civilian use. They even keep the spotlight too. The only real indicators are the light bar. Since externally, they look the same.

With that being said, I don't know if we even have any UC's here.

I should have mentioned that, thanks.
See, here in Chicago there are alot of NARCs and a fair amount of ex taxi/cop cars with the rims, trim, and spot. Usually there are creepy people in the non cop cars and they are pretty dingy looking. It is annoying here because sometimes you don't know if it is a civilian following you at night or a copper.

Other than on the South Side, the cop cars are usually pretty clean and in good condition, and if you can see inside there are usually 2 or 4 guys in the UC looking and sizing up you because you are looking at them LOL.

Anyhow, good point.

Upvote 0
nah. i wasnt talking about any one person during that little rant. i do it too, so I am not pointing fingers. just making a general statement.

eh.. over 100$ for "speeding" 10 miles over the speed limit is a bit steep when its not you can very clearly see EVERYTHING going on..

its not like it drops to 35 mph because it was a steep curve you can't see around and there is some sort of kindergarden crossing going on at 10 o clock at night :/
I'm not trying to say I'm right and everyone else is wrong but, I can say that "speed traps" should definitely be illegal.

Is there any other profession in the world you can get away with trapping otherwise innocent people and forcing them to pay money? well besides insurance :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
eh.. over 100$ for "speeding" 10 miles over the speed limit is a bit steep when its not you can very clearly see EVERYTHING going on..

its not like it drops to 35 mph because it was a steep curve you can't see around and there is some sort of kindergarden crossing going on at 10 o clock at night :/
I'm not trying to say I'm right and everyone else is wrong but, I can say that "speed traps" should definitely be illegal.

Is there any other profession in the world you can get away with trapping otherwise innocent people and forcing them to pay money? well besides insurance :rolleyes:

Loan Shark?
Come, on come, on - take the money and pay me when you can...
(Next week) Oh, your house burned down? F#ck you, pay me

Upvote 0
Loan Shark?
Come, on come, on - take the money and pay me when you can...
(Next week) Oh, your house burned down? F#ck you, pay me

That is true, then again I think there is room to debate whats harder to spot, a loan shark vs a well hidden speed sign with a cop waiting.

Sure the speed limit sign isn't "hidden" but, there are some places locally where it really doesn't make sense for the speed limit to drop, and the one time your on the way to your grandma's funeral and not looking for speed signs...

Upvote 0
Thanks for the post same tricks they use here in Canada as far as I can tell.. And they do pull people over for no reason... I'm quite young and drive an r35 gtr cops stare at me all the time and I get harassed a lot when I'm waiting for someone in a carpark. 4 times in 3 months they told me to get outta the car and searched for weed..

( I don't know why but I noticed black cops are nicer.. Never been pulled and ticketed by a black cop only warnings..)

Upvote 0
Thanks for the post same tricks they use here in Canada as far as I can tell.. And they do pull people over for no reason... I'm quite young and drive an r35 gtr cops stare at me all the time and I get harassed a lot when I'm waiting for someone in a carpark. 4 times in 3 months they told me to get outta the car and searched for weed..

( I don't know why but I noticed black cops are nicer.. Never been pulled and ticketed by a black cop only warnings..)

lol I've only been pulled over once and that was by a black cop who ticketed me.

I can't say I have noticed much difference when it comes to race down here.. I just don't really like cops.. I had my rear light hit out.. reported it and the cop talked about "how easy" foriegn cars are to break :/

Upvote 0
lol I've only been pulled over once and that was by a black cop who ticketed me.

I can't say I have noticed much difference when it comes to race down here.. I just don't really like cops.. I had my rear light hit out.. reported it and the cop talked about "how easy" foriegn cars are to break :/

As I do respect your opinion - it seems that you do something to piss them off.
In my 14 years of driving I have gotten stopped over 75 times conservatively speaking (I had a Very fast red Camaro with limo tints once), so I know about profiling and getting harassed, but not once have I had an overtly bad experience.

I have been pulled over by city cops, sheriffs, state troopers, by one cop car, by 9 cop cars, pulled out of the car, patted down, set on the curb, car searched, sobriety tested, stopped at every road block I have gone through, told my car was to loud, too tinted, tires to low on tread, told that it took them 5 minutes to catch up to me because I was speeding and pissed off about it, told my music was too loud, I peeled out from a light, towing and seizure has been threatened, and the list goes ON.

*A cop once told me that it must be nice to have a dad who pays for my car - I said I feel very fortunate that he is not a civil servant and can afford me luxuries :) (no offense to anyone here, but the cop's comment was out of line)

I don't drink and drive - I do race (safely) - I do speed (with caution) - I don't drive like a d!ck because I don't want to hurt anyone. Worst I was ever guilty of was going 88 in a 55 once
- So look at my list above and tell me how infractions less than my 88 in a 55 deserve any of that?

I once got 7 non moving violations on my car and got an I-Bond because I was on supervision for speeding.
Trust me, I am on the level Snow

But you are doing something wrong. I have mouthed off my fair share to cops when I had that Camaro and did my share of running from cops flushing out our street races, but you have to choose your words and your battles correctly.
Nick

Upvote 0
They have to many times - it's the only way to get through people's BS.
You have one poor speeding experience with a cop and it's the end of the world.

Way to belittle other peoples experiences in order to make yourself seem so much more "deep"

I've been pulled over once and given a ticket once..

I've had a cop pretty much tell me its my cars fault someone was able to break the taillight :/

Plus I see cops where I live do things they shouldn't be able to get away with on a daily basis

I wish I could drive like the cops do around here... Intentionally riding peoples ass's hoping they will speed up...

whipping out of no where behind you in hopes you'll freak out..

Running red lights just because they can.. (Seen that happen wayyy too often).

Excuse me if you have to have 1,200$ in tickets to dislike cops...

Upvote 0
Way to belittle other peoples experiences in order to make yourself seem so much more "deep"

I've been pulled over once and given a ticket once..

I've had a cop pretty much tell me its my cars fault someone was able to break the taillight :/

Plus I see cops where I live do things they shouldn't be able to get away with on a daily basis

I wish I could drive like the cops do around here... Intentionally riding peoples ass's hoping they will speed up...

whipping out of no where behind you in hopes you'll freak out..

Running red lights just because they can.. (Seen that happen wayyy too often).

Excuse me if you have to have 1,200$ in tickets to dislike cops...

Well just as I may belittle people, others can blow things out of proportion.
Your logic as to what should be legal and not in respect to speed limits doesn't excuse the act.
What happened to you was unfortunate, but complaining that the rules being enforced aren't fair and that is a portion of you being a victim is ridiculous.

I see your point, but cops tail you close and come out of no where because it's their job. They need to see who is inside and what they are doing, from their vantage point sometimes.

I was eating fries parked in my car at night and a narc pulled next to me real fast and said he thought I was holding a joint, pointing to my fry. Did that scare the crap out of me? YES Was that crazy? YES Are they doing their job? YES

Try to change things instead of being like millions of others and just complain.

Upvote 0
Hmmm, I'm still suspicious...

not-unmarked-police-sign.jpg

Upvote 0
Well just as I may belittle people, others can blow things out of proportion.
Your logic as to what should be legal and not in respect to speed limits doesn't excuse the act.
What happened to you was unfortunate, but complaining that the rules being enforced aren't fair and that is a portion of you being a victim is ridiculous.

I see your point, but cops tail you close and come out of no where because it's their job. They need to see who is inside and what they are doing, from their vantage point sometimes.

I was eating fries parked in my car at night and a narc pulled next to me real fast and said he thought I was holding a joint, pointing to my fry. Did that scare the crap out of me? YES Was that crazy? YES Are they doing their job? YES

Try to change things instead of being like millions of others and just complain.

Yes, and running red lights isn't an abuse of power?
I assure you at certain hours of the night regardless of how dangerous it is cops run the red lights :/ (And don't give me some bs about how they may be responding to an emergency once is believeable, every time i see them at a certain major intersection is another).
And I'm sorry pulling up next to you, is not quite the same as going OVER the speed limit to get behind you, riding your ass hoping you will speed past a stop sign, and then turning around and getting back in position to trick the next poor sap who is unlucky enough to cross their path.

Thinking your holding a joint is one thing.. trying to scare you into breaking a law by being reckless is another. If they wanted to see what I was doing they could have done so without passing 35 mphs which is the speed limit.. and i stopped at the stop sign.. so they had no rush.. and they had no problems with hauling ass, breaking the law.

Say what you will about it being their job.. but, if I ever acted out of bounds like that in my job I would loose my job. I sell phones, that doesn't mean I can do whatever I want to make sure someone isn't giving me a fake id..

*Edit* and while I was being partially serious about the whole no other profession gets away with trapping innocent people, it was also partially a joke, I'm not stupid enough to wish cops were non existant altogether, that doesn't mean I don't think they shouldn't be allowed to get away with some of the bs they do.

Upvote 0
Yes, and running red lights isn't an abuse of power?
I assure you at certain hours of the night regardless of how dangerous it is cops run the red lights :/ (And don't give me some bs about how they may be responding to an emergency once is believeable, every time i see them at a certain major intersection is another).
And I'm sorry pulling up next to you, is not quite the same as going OVER the speed limit to get behind you, riding your ass hoping you will speed past a stop sign, and then turning around and getting back in position to trick the next poor sap who is unlucky enough to cross their path.

Thinking your holding a joint is one thing.. trying to scare you into breaking a law by being reckless is another. If they wanted to see what I was doing they could have done so without passing 35 mphs which is the speed limit.. and i stopped at the stop sign.. so they had no rush.. and they had no problems with hauling ass, breaking the law.

Say what you will about it being their job.. but, if I ever acted out of bounds like that in my job I would loose my job. I sell phones, that doesn't mean I can do whatever I want to make sure someone isn't giving me a fake id..

*Edit* and while I was being partially serious about the whole no other profession gets away with trapping innocent people, it was also partially a joke, I'm not stupid enough to wish cops were non existant altogether, that doesn't mean I don't think they shouldn't be allowed to get away with some of the bs they do.

In Chicago them running reds happens all the time. OH WELL, how does that affect you personally?
First off - not everyone is out to get you, if you are stopping at stop signs and not speeding, they can't do anything.

Secondly - you have said basically the same thing in all of your posts, it seems that you have envy their problem the way you keep bringing these red lights up and compare it to your job.

Lastly - you sound like a 5 year old who just got his toy taken away and whining. Like I said before, DO something about it and stop complaining if it bothers you so much.

Nobody likes many of the things cops do. I don't like certain things just like you don't like certain things.
It never seems like anyone can say a good thing though when it happens. And if something does happen and a cop has to help you, I really hope they haven't cruised this thread.

Upvote 0
First since when do things have to affect people personally for issues to be a concern? If Police break the law shouldn't they be held accountable the same way you or I would? Or should we just disregard that law altogether? "You can run the light if you think you can make it"

Second, so what? my point remains the same. You know, its ironic that you always want people to take your side.. but, never want to look past what YOU want.

Lastly.. Yet again let me point this out once more, you say I act like a five year old... but, you seem dead set on always proving you have the worst situation.

What am I gunna do? arrest cops? I fail to see what harm I am doing. What better way to protest an event than to discuss it? Isn't discussion infact the most civilized way to get ANYTHING done?

*Edit* and if a cop does have to help me, I only hope its not one of the ones I've had to deal with in the past.. I can see it now.. I get in a wreck with a ram 1500 and the cop begins hasseling me about how if I drove a big truck This wouldn't have been as bad of a wreck and my girlfriend would have survived. I can see that now..

Upvote 0
serisouly, video evidence is almost impossible to discredit and you would have a copy, they would HAVE to deal with it or face it going public that there is a massive cover up at the precinct.

if you really care as much as you say you do, you would do this. you can send the video into the cop boss anon, no problem. attach a letter that if nothing is done you will go public, and if necessary do just that.

i AM NOT anti cop, most all the cops in my area are great guys (and girls) but if there is corruption of this sort, it would be very easy to curtail it.

Upvote 0
I never said I disagreed with your notions, other than you are making a huge thing of it. My points of view are fair and balanced (usually) on this topic.
I guess I am forcing you to agree with me just like the cops try and force you to break a law huh?

*Edit* and if a cop does have to help me, I only hope its not one of the ones I've had to deal with in the past.. I can see it now.. I get in a wreck with a ram 1500 and the cop begins hasseling me about how if I drove a big truck This wouldn't have been as bad of a wreck and my girlfriend would have survived. I can see that now..

I am ending my portion of this discussion since you obviously can't view a topic objectively. You can always see YOUrself getting hassled.

Fin

Upvote 0
I am not saying every single cop on the force amounts to low life scum or anything..

However, I am saying I am tired of some of the crap they get away with for no reason...

I will definitely do as you suggested. Its usually well lit enough that I should be able to tape it..

Do I need to get a license plate or just proof they are doing it?

Upvote 0
serisouly, video evidence is almost impossible to discredit and you would have a copy, they would HAVE to deal with it or face it going public that there is a massive cover up at the precinct.

if you really care as much as you say you do, you would do this. you can send the video into the cop boss anon, no problem. attach a letter that if nothing is done you will go public, and if necessary do just that.

i AM NOT anti cop, most all the cops in my area are great guys (and girls) but if there is corruption of this sort, it would be very easy to curtail it.

Look up Jimmy Justice on youtube.
Here is an example:
YouTube - Traffic Enforcement Officer Violates Traffic Law While Running Personal Errands

This guy is a trip, LOL
Boooooooo

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones