1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Detailed User Manual ? If not.....

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kidkhmer, Jun 21, 2011.

1. kidkhmer

kidkhmer Lurker
    None

Jun 21, 2011
    I have a bunch of things I want to tweak on my new LG P500 ( my first android.

Is there a detailed user manual somewhere? If not.....

1. Can you turn the lockslide off or change the timing on it ?
    2. Can you disable the 5-7 screens completely and ? or customise what is actually on them ?
    3. How do i change the goolge search window to an Opera MIni window ( i have dl opera )
    4. How do i delete all the thousands of useless apps it came loaded with ?
    5. How do i move the apps i have downloaded from under the DOWNLOADED bar on the main menu into the main menu itself ?
    6. How do i change the order of the icons on the main menu?
    7. It is possible just to set plain colors as you wallpaper?
    8. etc etc !
    thanks

Advertisement

2. pankaj16

pankaj16 Member
    None

Jan 6, 2011
    India

Hey, although I could not find an official guide for O1, there are plenty available on internet (you can serach for android 2.2 guide; all basic features remain same irrespective of the phone model)

http://static.googleusercontent.com...gle.com/en//googlephone/AndroidUsersGuide.pdf

To answer few of your queries,
    1. You cannot turn off the lockslide (although u can set a passcode for it) If you want to delay the screen lock (delay the auto screen turn off), it can be done through phone settings

2. You cannot completely disble multiple screens. It has to be 5 or 7 screens. Although they are highly customizable. Just hold any icon u want to remove and drag it to the bin symbol at bottom of the screen. To add any widgets, shortcuts, just hold on wmpty home screen and follow the popup menu.

3. This is stock search option, We cannot change it to opera

4. You cannot delete the stock apps. :-((

5. This also cannot be done.

6. Simple, just hold any icon for long and drag them wherever you want on the screen.

Android is highly customizable. More you explore, more u will learn about it. Hanve fun.

3. kidkhmer

kidkhmer Lurker
    None

Jun 21, 2011
    Thanks for all that !. You can delete the stock apps by rooting which i am now trying to do however I cannot for the life of me see where the SD card is on my phone on my COMPUTER !! Also.....i cannot figure out how to move the icons because when I press and hold and try to move the icon, it just slides the whole screen....

4. metalboy94

metalboy94 Newbie
    None

May 15, 2011
    Romania
    In order to see the SD card on your computer, you should pull down the notification menu and tap "USB storage mode" (or something like that), then tap "Turn on USB storage mode". Be sure to properly eject it, then tap "Turn off USB storage mode" when you're done!

If you want to further customize your homescreens (and the number of homescreens), you can use an alternate homescreen launcher. Look them up on Market, I recommend GO Launcher EX.

Also, you should be able to move icons around by holding your finger on an icon, then dragging it around. o_O

Btw, if you get an alternate launcher, the main menu will also look different (the apps will all be in one single place, no more Applications and Downloads categories :p ).