• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

details of syncing photos

J

JohnKay

I have an LG Nexus 4. It only has 8GB. I've only had my phone for about 3 weeks and I am constantly running out of memory (and I'm a fairly light user).

I am using Google+ to sync my photos and videos. Here is my question: If I delete a photo from my device, will it be deleted from Google+?

Ideally, I would like to regularly delete all the photos from my device every few weeks to make more room for more photos, etc.

Welcome to Android Forums JohnKay.:)

Once your images are on G+ you would need to delete them from there to get rid of them. You will be all set removing them from your phone and have them left on G+.

You could test this my using an innocuous pic that you wouldn't mind losing. Let it sync to G+. Once there, delete it off of your phone and snap another photo. Once the second image is on G+ (so you know a sync action has occurred) check for the first. If it is still on G+, you are good to go.

I hope this helps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones