• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Determine if Battery is Faulty

eoinymc

Lurker
Nov 16, 2012
Hi,

I know there are plenty of threads about batteries, but I was wondering if anyone can tell me if there is any way that I can tell if my battery if faulty?

My wife and I both bought a HOX+ a couple of weeks ago and it seems that her battery last a lot longer than mine.

I have a lot more apps downloaded, but they aren't running when I check the running apps in the app manager. So I'm at a loss to figure out why mine isn't as good as my wifes.

Any ideas in how to check if it is faulty?

Cheers,

Eoin

The app manager isn't your friend on this.

I would suggest GSAM Battery Monitor.

The graphs tell more and are maybe easier to read in landscape. See if both phones are really getting the same signal during battery use.

On the lower left, tap that to see what's hoovering your battery. When the screen comes up, tap the top, choose to view time held awake. Her phone may be sleeping properly, yours may have an app preventing it.

Post back what you find, play around with various views on both phones.

Could be the battery but it's likely something else.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones