• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [DEV] ClockworkMod Recovery and CyanogenMod 7.1 on the Samsung Admire

is there any news for a rom i just made titanium backup useful for my android
and i have rtitaniumom manager free version and need help when i click download rom it says you must have clockwork mod recovery installed click install and its says pick phone model but it is not there should i pick esteem one help[/ DO NOT USE ROM MANAGER IT WILL BRICK YOUR PHONE!!!!!

Reactions: blade00000009
Upvote 0
The admire is now an amazingly attractive price at 59 bucks! I am still on what's left of my ascend. If this phone has any dev following so as to reach its potential then I would buy it tomorrow! But if not I might as well put the money aside and save for at least the attain which is 4g. So devs, where are we at with this phone?

Upvote 0
The admire is now an amazingly attractive price at 59 bucks! I am still on what's left of my ascend. If this phone has any dev following so as to reach its potential then I would buy it tomorrow! But if not I might as well put the money aside and save for at least the attain which is 4g. So devs, where are we at with this phone?

juist fine, things are cooking... just not in this thread :p

Upvote 0
Hey, everyone... for SOME reason I rooted this the day that the STOCK ROM without CWM was rooted and then got the Esteem and have had this set aside for about a month now and i just booted into the Recovery and I have CWM LoL never installed it on this device. Now I know what I am doing(Not To Be Disrespectful But More Than MOST People Know) and I find this weird LoL. I just checked and do in fact have Root and am on CWM but dont know how CWM got onto this device LoL it didnt have it when i purchased but it DOES have it now. I put root onto the device but not CWM. I am actually using root checker, TiBU, ROM Toolbox, and Root Explorer to move, delete and all that right now!

Upvote 0
Well, for whatever reason, I still have not been able to get my phone to boot into CWM, followed the steps exactly 5 times now, phone re-boots but will only boot into normal recovery...I don't have a clue as to why...:thinking:

Um... you seem to be in the wrong thread....

You need to be in the [Odin] thread.

If you are having issues try a new download.
If they persist try a different computer. I couldn't get Odin to work on my XP based laptop but my brothers new windows 7 lappy worked just fine.

Upvote 0
Hey, everyone... for SOME reason I rooted this the day that the STOCK ROM without CWM was rooted and then got the Esteem and have had this set aside for about a month now and i just booted into the Recovery and I have CWM LoL never installed it on this device. Now I know what I am doing(Not To Be Disrespectful But More Than MOST People Know) and I find this weird LoL. I just checked and do in fact have Root and am on CWM but dont know how CWM got onto this device LoL it didnt have it when i purchased but it DOES have it now. I put root onto the device but not CWM. I am actually using root checker, TiBU, ROM Toolbox, and Root Explorer to move, delete and all that right now!
clock work comes on alot of phones but it doesnt have the option to flash a zip file or any of those things. it wont do you any good. and if you know more than MOST people on here then why arent you a dev?

Upvote 0
clock work comes on alot of phones but it doesnt have the option to flash a zip file or any of those things. it wont do you any good. and if you know more than MOST people on here then why arent you a dev?

actually NO device comes with cwm. even the lg optimus that republic wireless sells (comes with cm7) but puts stock recovery back on

Upvote 0
so nothing it is getting started...... running go launcher ex pretty good.......no rom yet.....i just want a new look........like the status bar...... and others.......so nothing again.......now i am bored...... i feel like buying the esteem now.....but i don't have the money.....i am going to sleep....when i wake up there is going to be a sable good rom for the admire............if not i will slap my myself...to ...sleep.........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................blank

Upvote 0
Some people in the FBI might consider what unforgiven did as fraudulent You need to look at it from the FBI's and what are now considered victims point of view these victims gave him money under the pretense that he would work on and finish CM7 for the Samsung Admire he has not he could avoid charges by returning the money that he accepted under false pretense. I'm not one of the people that gave money to him but I do no the FBI is investigating.

Upvote 0
Can anyone help me with trying to fix my phone? I've got a rooted Admire and can get to CWM, I trashed my build.prop and now my phone will start the boot up but once it gets to the Hello,hello,hello Metropcs for everyone it then goes blank and starts vibrating and won't stop.
I had Admiral Beast installed and screwed up when trying to boost the speed with replacing the build.prop. bottom line is my phone is bricked and I need a solution if anyone knows one. Also I tried running Admiral Beast from my sd card but it won't run because I can't get debugging started is there a workaround for this?

Upvote 0
Can anyone help me with trying to fix my phone? I've got a rooted Admire and can get to CWM, I trashed my build.prop and now my phone will start the boot up but once it gets to the Hello,hello,hello Metropcs for everyone it then goes blank and starts vibrating and won't stop.
I had Admiral Beast installed and screwed up when trying to boost the speed with replacing the build.prop. bottom line is my phone is bricked and I need a solution if anyone knows one. Also I tried running Admiral Beast from my sd card but it won't run because I can't get debugging started is there a workaround for this?

It would be that simple if the phone/SD would show on the computer.
Like you said can't even get USB Debug turn on..without it we are limited as to what we can do.

My suggestion honestly...wait for the new phone to arrive. We could try a million different things and still not get it working. :mad:

Upvote 0

Have you tried this? Odin - Return to Stock

Upvote 0
Yeah I've tried the Odin return to stock, thats how I got CWM to work. I can get my sd card to open on the computer now but cannot get debugging to start, admiral beast won't run without debugging enabled. If I can't get a fully stock rom it will only be 1 or 2 days till the new phone comes in anyway. I want to Thank You guys for all the help you've given.

Upvote 0
Yeah I've tried the Odin return to stock, thats how I got CWM to work. I can get my sd card to open on the computer now but cannot get debugging to start, admiral beast won't run without debugging enabled. If I can't get a fully stock rom it will only be 1 or 2 days till the new phone comes in anyway. I want to Thank You guys for all the help you've given.

Man..just love the good challenges thoigh ya know..making a note to self-pull system adb of stock image admire:thumbup:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones