• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [DEV] Continuing Triumph ICS Development

As stated in the first post:
Rules:
Please do NOT ask questions on how to set up your environment here. Please use the CM7 or g60madman's guide.
Please use this thread only to discuss and help further along our ICS port on the Triumph.

Do NOT ask for an ETA.
Do NOT post any builds at this time if you are part of the team.

If you don't agree to these rules, please move along.

Please do not ask for downloads. Also, imo, it is probably best to just ignore such requests or link to the first post. As there is no need to pick on people who are itching to try it out themselves. :)

People are interested in the ROM, but at this point it is not in a releasable state. So just be patient, when it is releasable they will make sure everyone knows. If you cannot wait that long, there are links to instructions (also in the first post) on how to build it from source. :D

Just try to keep stuff focused on building ICS. The more tangential posts we have here, the more people have to dig through to get info on what is being done, and wasting time that could be spent getting it working. :(

Also posts regarding basic build issues might be better suited to the posts about setting up your environment. ;)

p.s. Sorry for interrupting the thread for this.

Reactions: eas014 and Whyzor
Upvote 0
Got this error. D:

Code:
make: *** No rule to make target `vendor/cm/proprietary/RomManager.apk', needed by `out/target/product/triumph/system/app/RomManager.apk'.  Stop.
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

What do I do?

You forgot to do this part when you were setting up your environment:

4. Pulling Prebuilts

# cd ~/android/vendor/cm/
# ./get-prebuilts
# cd ~/android

Reactions: konspiracy
Upvote 0
Thanks!!
Does it matter under which OS I pull prebuilts from? I run MIUI, should I run CM7 instead?

No... just run the commands as listed in the guide there. They don't come from your phone.

Edit: That's assuming that your work directory is ~/android/
If it's not, then put in your path to your work directory in place of that part.

Upvote 0
Got mine to build for the first time (first try I built right after syncing a CM update 1/26/11 so it failed), only took 2h30m. About to flash and try out ics for the first time :D.

Edit: Just saw that mantera updated touchscreen drivers while I was building....

Depicts how I now feel
alg_computer_rage.jpg

Upvote 0
Got mine to build for the first time (first try I built right after syncing a CM update 1/26/11 so it failed), only took 2h30m. About to flash and try out ics for the first time :D.

Edit: Just saw that mantera updated touchscreen drivers while I was building....

Depicts how I now feel
alg_computer_rage.jpg

That gave me a chuckle. If it's any consolation, I accidentally hosed my repo and so will need to spend the next few hours doing a resync myself...

Upvote 0
As stated in the first post:

Please do not ask for downloads. Also, imo, it is probably best to just ignore such requests or link to the first post. As there is no need to pick on people who are itching to try it out themselves. :)

People are interested in the ROM, but at this point it is not in a releasable state. So just be patient, when it is releasable they will make sure everyone knows. If you cannot wait that long, there are links to instructions (also in the first post) on how to build it from source. :D

Just try to keep stuff focused on building ICS. The more tangential posts we have here, the more people have to dig through to get info on what is being done, and wasting time that could be spent getting it working. :(

Also posts regarding basic build issues might be better suited to the posts about setting up your environment. ;)

p.s. Sorry for interrupting the thread for this.
yea I tried the build thing and I lost connection and just wanted somewhat of a zip to atart helping devolope

Upvote 0
Getting this error... Somebody working on the gps?

packages/apps/Settings/src/com/android/settings/cyanogenmod/CombinedBar.java:63: cannot find symbol
symbol : variable COMBINED_BAR_AUTO_HIDE
Settings.System.putInt(getActivity().getApplicationContext().getContentResolver(), Settings.System.COMBINED_BAR_AUTO_HIDE, value ? 1 : 0);
^
Reading library jar [/home/shane/android/out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/core-junit_intermediates/classes.jar]
Reading library jar [/home/shane/android/out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/ext_intermediates/classes.jar]
Reading library jar [/home/shane/android/out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/core-junit_intermediates/classes.jar]packages/apps/Settings/src/com/android/settings/LocationSettings.java:226: cannot find symbol
symbol : variable EXTERNAL_GPS_BT_DEVICE
Settings.Secure.EXTERNAL_GPS_BT_DEVICE);
^
packages/apps/Settings/src/com/android/settings/LocationSettings.java:229: cannot find symbol
symbol : variable EXTERNAL_GPS_BT_DEVICE
Settings.System.putString(getContentResolver(), Settings.Secure.EXTERNAL_GPS_BT_DEVICE,
^
packages/apps/Settings/src/com/android/settings/LocationSettings.java:234: cannot find symbol
symbol : method setGPSSource(java.lang.String)
locationManager.setGPSSource(newPref);

Upvote 0
What's the rest of the error? or you probably are in the same situation as konspiracy if you just did a repo sync earlier today.

It seems that was the rest of the error, here are a few lines before.
target Generated: libRS <= frameworks/base/libs/rs/rsgApiFuncDecl.h.rsg
target Generated: libRS <= frameworks/base/libs/rs/rsgApiStructs.h.rsg
target Generated: libRS <= frameworks/base/libs/rs/rsgApi.cpp.rsg
target Generated: libRS <= frameworks/base/libs/rs/rsgApiReplay.cpp.rsg
host Executable: dexdump (out/host/darwin-x86/obj/EXECUTABLES/dexdump_intermediates/dexdump)
true
host Executable: dexlist (out/host/darwin-x86/obj/EXECUTABLES/dexlist_intermediates/dexlist)
true
host Executable: edify (out/host/darwin-x86/obj/EXECUTABLES/edify_intermediates/edify)
true
host Executable: elftree (out/host/darwin-x86/obj/EXECUTABLES/elftree_intermediates/elftree)
true
host StaticLib: emulator-common (out/host/darwin-x86/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/emulator-common_intermediates/emulator-common.a)
host StaticLib: emulator-libqemu (out/host/darwin-x86/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/emulator-libqemu_intermediates/emulator-libqemu.a)
host StaticLib: emulator-target-arm (out/host/darwin-x86/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/emulator-target-arm_intermediates/emulator-target-arm.a)
host StaticLib: emulator-target-i386 (out/host/darwin-x86/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/emulator-target-i386_intermediates/emulator-target-i386.a)
host Executable: etc1tool (out/host/darwin-x86/obj/EXECUTABLES/etc1tool_intermediates/etc1tool)
true
host Executable: make_ext4fs (out/host/darwin-x86/obj/EXECUTABLES/make_ext4fs_intermediates/make_ext4fs)
true
host Executable: qemu-android-arm (out/host/darwin-x86/obj/EXECUTABLES/qemu-android-arm_intermediates/qemu-android-arm)
ld: illegal text reloc to DwarfCUImpl<Dwarf_CUHdr<Dwarf64_SizeHdr, unsigned long long>, unsigned long long>::get_pc_address_file_info(unsigned long long, Dwarf_AddressInfo*)from out/host/darwin-x86/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/emulator-libelff_intermediates/emulator-libelff.a(dwarf_cu.o) in DwarfCUImpl<Dwarf_CUHdr<Dwarf64_SizeHdr, unsigned long long>, unsigned long long>::get_pc_address_file_info(unsigned long long, Dwarf_AddressInfo*)for architecture i386
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [out/host/darwin-x86/obj/EXECUTABLES/qemu-android-arm_intermediates/qemu-android-arm] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
bash-3.2#

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones