• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [DEV] Continuing Triumph ICS Development

yumbrad have you figured it out yet?
You obviously now java better than i do.... So i think it would be a waste of time. If you cant get it I can give you TG's email and he can explain it to you just pm me for it.

Not yet, could you PM me his email? He could probably save me some major time with a couple of hints, so I at least avoid a lond dead end or two. Am back at it now that the kids are in bed. Got four from 1 - 6 yrs old and wife's out of town this weekend, so ics time is during naps and after bed :)

Upvote 0
Mantera is there any guide you used to learn which files to fix, add, delete, etc. I have looked at the files, but am at a loss on how to change them.

Not really. google and more google and reading the code... The problem with reading code is that every programmer has their own style and most programmers don't document wtf they're doing so you gotta sit there and back trace everything that they do to figure out what's going on.

That was what TG ran into when he was doing CM7 and I'm sure that's what yumbrad is running into with that ril crap...

Upvote 0
all repos are now up-to-date.

I also updated the manifest so that we no longer track and pull down the device files for other phones--such as stingray, crespo, etc. So don't be alarmed when you do a repo sync and see that it is deleting those device files.

If anyone finds that this causes an issue, let me know and I can put them back. But without having to pull down those extra device files, a full repo sync to pull down the complete set of repos, took me only about 2 hours now using -j16.

Upvote 0
... most programmers don't document wtf they're doing so you gotta sit there and back trace everything that they do to figure out what's going on.

That was what TG ran into when he was doing CM7 and I'm sure that's what yumbrad is running into with that ril crap...

Hit the nail on the head :) .. and it's even worse when there's opaque, closed source code and undocumented interfaces and hardware in the picture.

Upvote 0
still not having much luck with the home button. Is there a commit for the fb0 devices that im missing?

Well edowar got it working properly on his rom. I don't know what to look for so I can't really help you much more than that :/. Maybe you could pm him and ask what he did to get it working.

Upvote 0
i did and when i get to # sudo -i
# adb devices it says adb is not a command and i added the correct path and im on ubuntu 11.10

You'll have to get adb working properly. Google "how to install adb on ubuntu"... There is a thread from XDA that goes through what to do and such. Adb needs to be moved/copied to the /usr/bin directory in ubuntu and put into your $PATH in order to work properly. I fought with this for a while until I ran across that thread. There are other references that say to set adb in $PATH where it is, but I never got it to work without moving it to the /usr/bin directory and setting the $PATH.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
SWEET if you get the home keys to work then all thats really left now is the radio and wifi and then I can start using this as my daily driver.....

Has any managed to figure out if HDMI will be working on the triumph. I know its not high priority but it was an idea that many others plus myself had in tickerguys original forum and snows forum also. Its upto you guys. I'm just throwing an idea around while this phone is being working on.

Plus I am amazed at how much work you guys have done. I feel like shaking all your hands and patting you on the back.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones