• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Dev frustrated with commenters

Thanks for the input. I got away a little myself. Just rode about 400 miles on the motorcycle dropping my daughter off for a visit with relatives. I mulled the price over quite a bit. That seems to be a really hard thing to gauge. For now, in the interest of not enraging the people who have already purchased, and also just because I think I need to continue thinking about it, I am not going to change it for now.

Whether or not to go with advertising is almost as hard, but I honestly don't like it, so I wasn't going to add it to my app. To each his own though, and it might actually be the wrong decision. But I am just in this for fun at the moment.

Also, again, please don't feel obligated in any way shape or form to dl my app. My initial question was more out of curiosity with the knowledge that each app is individual and has it's own characteristics. Since you have a free and a paid app though, it was worth asking if you have noticed a difference in the way people take to each. This is starting to veer off topic anyway, and we might take this to pm, or I start another thread.

Upvote 0
Just got this comment for Listables yesterday:

Seriously, what do you do with people like this? They download a free app, have misunderstood its purpose, and then give it one star for not being what they wrongly imagined? Do people download email clients and complain "it doesn't stream video!?" Listables doesnt even have the internet permission.

I've gotten 3 1-star ratings in one day from this, which is highly unusual (I haven't had a one star rating in 3 months). Is this one guy with a grudge or what?

I won't even get into how Limewire is being sued into oblivioin.

ugh

/yeah I know, "rub some dirt in that wound soldier!" ;)
// thanks for letting me vent

I haven't read this whole thread but they should put up or shut up.:eek: I couldn't do what you do.:)

Reactions: alostpacket
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones