• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Dev Needed... 2.1 Running on the Behold 2

From Cyanogenmod.com:

"A lot of people ask me about adding support for their phone, but we can only support phones that we actually own. The CM team is always looking for new hackers to join up with us to add support for their favorite device. Get in touch with me if you’d like to help."

So if you want to increase your chances of gettinga working 2.2 port on the BH2, mail your phone to someone on the CM team.

Upvote 0
Samething likely with 2.2 as the 2.1, the sound chip is a 72xx, but the problem is the source for the sound driver is not available, plus the chip looks like it has alsa codec in it as well.

Hey Eugene, have you considered contact Samsung yourself and ask them to help with the drivers since they ditched us? I'm not getting my hopes up. Just wasn't sure if you tried letting them know you're trying to do what THEY promised and you would like a tid bit of their help... :eek:

Upvote 0
BH_MAN,

Don't know if this helps but after reading up on ALSA codec/drivers "Most distributions install ALSA by default and most sound cards are detected automatically, so most users don't need to worry about that."
I highly doubt that's the case for the T939, but after some quick referencing I found a couple links of interest, (Quick Install - ALSA wiki, http://alsa.opensrc.org/index.php/AlsaBuildConfig).
I'm a total noob with phone development but I could probably help if you can give me a heads up (point in the right direction) on how to pull the sound drivers from a 1.6 rom (chipset info would be nice too). FYI I know how to adb pull etc, but IDK the filename.
From there I could start my own 2.1 dev project focusing on sound first and foremost (probably emulated at first though, don't have the balls to destroy my own phone). This may sound like BS but I'm pretty good at finding solutions to seemingly frustrating problems and slapping together a fix.
FYI this would be a dedicated side project for me, as I'm really interested in getting this phone up to par. Who knows, I might help solve the sound issue. Most of all, it would be awesome if I was able to contribute something.

P.S. everything I learned about android phones, I learned from messing with your roms and from reading your tips/instructions in your threads (why is it every other android phone is a piece of cake after dealing with this phone). You've put so much time and effort into the T939 and everyone in this forum owes you "something." Keep up the good work.

Reactions: slmar123
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I was looking for a specific audio driver but couldn't find it (proprietary). I ran across this though and thought it was interesting.
Linux/sound/soc/codecs/uda1380.c - Linux Cross Reference - Free Electrons
Notice line 2.
Also on another page (same driver) it mentioned "The UDA1380 codec is used by the HTC Magician and a number of Samsung reference boards." Link [ALSA] ASoC: Add UDA1380 driver | KernelTrap
Hope this helps (Still looking for a more specific audio driver).
Open source ftw

Thanks, but it the wrong source.. I'll keep digging though hoping something comes up & I get a a few emails back.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones