• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Dev-Only] CM10 status

Reactions: BSydz
Upvote 0
WOW HOLY CRAP IT DISPLAYED SOMETHING!

Unfortunately, still not booting :( New logcat: Triumph CM10 Crash Logcat 2 - Pastebin.com Segmentation fault from the looks of it. This one seems to be related to /system/lib/hw/lights.triumph.so

What exactly did it display? Bootanimation?

Alright well I'm going to have a new full ROM here soon, uploading now. I'm expecting it to be the same exact thing as the one with the new hwcomposer, but it's worth a shot.

Upvote 0
Well... the crash is different this time. No display with this build, though. Just a black screen. Triumph CM10 Crash Logcat 3 - Pastebin.com

Just to see what would happen, I tried replacing hwcomposer.msm7x30.so, and that gives me a looping boot animation again, with this logcat: Triumph CM10 Crash Logcat 4 - Pastebin.com

Alright well for the last test try this:

Goo.im Downloads - Downloading test1.zip

If this doesn't work, then try replacing the hwcomposer and get to the bootanimation and try deleting the lights.triumph.so from adb

Upvote 0
First boot and I got the graphics error, so I pushed the other file.

Then, I got the lights error, so I removed the lights.triumph.so file.

Then it booted! Up and running now! I have cell signal, but no data. Tested a phone call, and I was able to receive a phone call, and the microphone worked. But... audio came out of the speakerphone speakers instead of the earpiece. Can't turn on WiFi to get a data connection, and voice dialing just produces an error (I didn't flash gapps, so I have no market to test anything like voice search/Google Now). Bluetooth turns on, but I don't have anything handy to test bluetooth with.

Camera, no surprise, doesn't work. GPS seems to turn on, but I don't have an app to test it with :/

When pressing power button, screen turns off, but backlight does not. Additionally, the haptic buttons don't light, and the charging LED isn't lighting, either. I'm guessing this is all related to the removal of lights.triumph.so.

Otherwise, the system seems to run really smooth! Awesome work! If you need any more information, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Upvote 0

Then it booted! Up and running now! I have cell signal, but no data. Tested a phone call, and I was able to receive a phone call, and the microphone worked. But... audio came out of the speakerphone speakers instead of the earpiece. Can't turn on WiFi to get a data connection, and voice dialing just produces an error (I didn't flash gapps, so I have no market to test anything like voice search/Google Now). Bluetooth turns on, but I don't have anything handy to test bluetooth with.

Camera, no surprise, doesn't work. GPS seems to turn on, but I don't have an app to test it with :/

When pressing power button, screen turns off, but backlight does not. Additionally, the haptic buttons don't light, and the charging LED isn't lighting, either. I'm guessing this is all related to the removal of lights.triumph.so.

Otherwise, the system seems to run really smooth! Awesome work! If you need any more information, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

woot! we r finally taking off! ill see what i can do to fix some stuff :p

Upvote 0
OK, so I finally managed to get it to build with HDMI and GPS enabled in the build. The device files just need to be updated and reworked. Still no boot but figured I'd put it out there.

No, I didn't change the kernel from my last cm9 build. You guys will probably need to update it to get full functionality.

Alright well for the last test try this:

Goo.im Downloads - Downloading test1.zip

If this doesn't work, then try replacing the hwcomposer and get to the bootanimation and try deleting the lights.triumph.so from adb

Nice work rukin and truejournals.

Rukin-it looks like you'll need to revert this commit after all:
https://github.com/mantera/android_...mmit/0ae53d76bc115ecbfc4f3031685a40ca6eb921e2

I think in the first logcat, it said that the mt didn't support hardware vsync. that's possibly why you had to replace that hwcomposer file.

Upvote 0
No, I didn't change the kernel from my last cm9 build. You guys will probably need to update it to get full functionality.

Nice work rukin and truejournals.

Rukin-it looks like you'll need to revert this commit after all:
https://github.com/mantera/android_...mmit/0ae53d76bc115ecbfc4f3031685a40ca6eb921e2

I think in the first logcat, it said that the mt didn't support hardware vsync. that's possibly why you had to replace that hwcomposer file.

Well the latest build has that line added as well. As well as a commit reverted from hardware/qcom/display. So the doesn't seem like the correct error for that. The lights is what's throwing me off. Jmz said that I could use his audio_effects.conf but I don't see where that could be of any use to anything.

Upvote 0
Think I may have fixed the hwcomposer problem. Now the problem is the liblights. I'll look into it.

I'm also not surprised about the problems that we have. Since we fixed the ril in the device files. We will have to hand edit the code once again. Hopefully we can just use the same code.

EDIT: Looks as if I have fixed wifi. I'll work on 3g next.

Upvote 0
Think I may have fixed the hwcomposer problem. Now the problem is the liblights. I'll look into it.

I'm also not surprised about the problems that we have. Since we fixed the ril in the device files. We will have to hand edit the code once again. Hopefully we can just use the same code.

EDIT: Looks as if I have fixed wifi. I'll work on 3g next.
Could you post the adb logcat -b radio ?

Upvote 0
Good news:

Screenshot_2012-08-15-16-53-35.png
Screenshot_2012-08-15-16-52-53.png

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones