• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [DEV] WIP CM9 (Camera) [updated 2/23/2013]

All of you guys at MTDEV make me feel as though I didn't waste 240$ (bought the Triumph on Amazon during a sale). You're all awesome in incomprehensible ways. The Triumph has one of the best dev communities hands down!!!!!!!!!! You guys really do deserve all of the praise you get. Thank you for all of your hard work and for re-inventing the Triumph!!!!!!!

Upvote 0
I've been following this thread as well as many other threads for the longest time; I had the triumph since the day it came out (feels like forever ago). I finally decided to sign up for the forums so I could say thank you, I've been jumping between roms and I think I'm going to stick with the new and improved cm9 this time around... We as the triumph community could never have grown as much as we have without the help of great developers like mantera, g60 and the rest, so a big thank you to all of you guys :) I'd love to do work like you guys one day, but I have no experience whatsoever..

On a side note, I'm having a few small issues with the rom... I formatted my SD card, but I still hear a skip in the music playback every time I turn off the screen. Is there a reason for this (like a file on the SD which could cause this, idk)? Also as far as I can tell my GPS doesn't lock at all, so I haven't got to see how quickly it's said to lock :( could my triumph's GPS radio be busted?

Thanks again!

Upvote 0
Hey g60 what ramdisk are you using? I mean I guess the issue probably ain't in the ramdisk but just thought I'd ask.

I am using the following script to build the Kernel

https://github.com/MTDEV-KERNEL/MTDEV-BUILD-KERNEL

The way the script works is you place boot.img in the root and extracts it with the rc permissions, builds the kernel and the repackages the zImage with the ram disk. I am using the boot.img from my most recent build when I run the script.

Upvote 0
On a side note, I'm having a few small issues with the rom... I formatted my SD card, but I still hear a skip in the music playback every time I turn off the screen. Is there a reason for this (like a file on the SD which could cause this, idk)? Also as far as I can tell my GPS doesn't lock at all, so I haven't got to see how quickly it's said to lock :( could my triumph's GPS radio be busted?

Thanks again!

Yes the screen pop happens from time to time. I noticed it started happening more after I installed more apps. I find it still locks with in under a minute outside, I have not tested locks inside. If you are worried on your radio install the Sharp ROM and test the GPS if it doesn't work then call VM.

Reactions: greenninja
Upvote 0
All Hail G60madman​
smiley-whacky084.gif
You Da Man!!!!​

Reactions: g60madman
Upvote 0
This thread isn't dead is it? Three days.... already feeling like a zombie apocalypse. Lol

No it's not dead, I am healing from getting all my wisdom teeth pulled on Tuesday
stickyman.gif
I worked on the camera a little yesterday using dorreygaray's hacks but no dice on the camerahal loading. I am rolling back to using Tom Giordano camerahal since he has the same camera as us and I have gotten the camerahal to load using his source. I believe the key is our kernel is not using the 3G VMSPLIT. Almost every kernel I look at that has successfully had the camerahal work in CM9 is using the 3GVMSPLIT. So honestly I think I have resolved the camera in the past just didn't have enough memory from the kernel to run the camera. Give me some time, I am sure I will make some headway soon. May just get lucky and solve this before Christmas!

Upvote 0
No it's not dead, I am healing from getting all my wisdom teeth pulled on Tuesday
stickyman.gif
I worked on the camera a little yesterday using dorreygaray's hacks but no dice on the camerahal loading. I am rolling back to using Tom Giordano camerahal since he has the same camera as us and I have gotten the camerahal to load using his source. I believe the key is our kernel is not using the 3G VMSPLIT. Almost every kernel I look at that has successfully had the camerahal work in CM9 is using the 3GVMSPLIT. So honestly I think I have resolved the camera in the past just didn't have enough memory from the kernel to run the camera. Give me some time, I am sure I will make some headway soon. May just get lucky and solve this before Christmas!

Cool beans, and you get to feeling better! I had to chug some Theraflu this morning so that I feel good enough to work my extra shift tonight. Ailments suck.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones