• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [DEV][WIP] CM9-Esteem LG MS910

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesomesauce. Well i'll PM you on friday when i gets my monies.

kind of off topic, but is there any chance you have some beta test for CM7 at least? :p it's wishful thinking but i have CM7 on my Nook Color and it is amazing...so it would be awesome to have CM7 at least on this phone
I'm working on it too and should have something available once I get past a few compiling errors.

Reactions: double1
Upvote 0
Thanks to PG for all that he does. Even though I appreciate that these ROMS that you guys work so hard to put together for us are free, it should be mandatory to donate "something". No donation no download. A dollar from everyone who downloads is more than nothing from the leachers that take it and run. AND then they want help later. Sorry. I got on a rant that I didn't even intend on getting on. Haha

Just pisses me off I guess. The whole "When it's coming out" "ETA?" or "Will it be done but XXXX?"

No man should have to put this much work into something, regardless if it's a hobby, and not getting something in return. I'm sure EVERYONE here would be willing to actually PAY for these great items we download......Ok ok ok Im leaving now. lol

Reactions: double1
Upvote 0
Thanks to PG for all that he does. Even though I appreciate that these ROMS that you guys work so hard to put together for us are free, it should be mandatory to donate "something". No donation no download. A dollar from everyone who downloads is more than nothing from the leachers that take it and run. AND then they want help later. Sorry. I got on a rant that I didn't even intend on getting on. Haha

Just pisses me off I guess. The whole "When it's coming out" "ETA?" or "Will it be done but XXXX?"

No man should have to put this much work into something, regardless if it's a hobby, and not getting something in return. I'm sure EVERYONE here would be willing to actually PAY for these great items we download......Ok ok ok Im leaving now. lol
oh my wife did a similar rant when she seen all the downloads for the ascend stuff from rom manager lol. Was like 10k+ at the time lol

Reactions: marixxaa
Upvote 0
oh my wife did a similar rant when she seen all the downloads for the ascend stuff from rom manager lol. Was like 10k+ at the time lol

UGH. 10k downloads. I'd be ranting too if I was your wife. Haha. Dammit man. I know there is some benefits other than money for you. Im sure if your anything like me, Im a musician and an engineer which translates to a perfectionist haha, then the end result and the sense of accomplishment is "your" reward for your hard work. Sharing it with others is more or less a time to show what your made of. I guess I could understand that. I spend hours and hours and hours writing out midi for a drum track that only I will use from which I add more and more hours recording the actual music. BUT the end result, when it's finally done, is worth everything it took.

You can't do stuff like this and NOT be a perfectionist so Im sure you understand some of what Im saying. I still think "no donation no download" should be the motto. :)

Upvote 0
UGH. 10k downloads. I'd be ranting too if I was your wife. Haha. Dammit man. I know there is some benefits other than money for you. Im sure if your anything like me, Im a musician and an engineer which translates to a perfectionist haha, then the end result and the sense of accomplishment is "your" reward for your hard work. Sharing it with others is more or less a time to show what your made of. I guess I could understand that. I spend hours and hours and hours writing out midi for a drum track that only I will use from which I add more and more hours recording the actual music. BUT the end result, when it's finally done, is worth everything it took.

You can't do stuff like this and NOT be a perfectionist so Im sure you understand some of what Im saying. I still think "no donation no download" should be the motto. :)
I get right down OCD with it lol, so yea I understand perfectly ;)

Upvote 0
If they could somehow make roms into apps and put them in the market and charge for them that would force people to pay for them. On the other hand, we risk bricking our devices and provide bug feedback to the devs who I imagine want ics on their phones as much as we do. If I had the skills to build roms i would do it for the love and the recognition, not for money, although we all need monies to survive.

Upvote 0
If they could somehow make roms into apps and put them in the market and charge for them that would force people to pay for them. On the other hand, we risk bricking our devices and provide bug feedback to the devs who I imagine want ics on their phones as much as we do. If I had the skills to build roms i would do it for the love and the recognition, not for money, although we all need monies to survive.

That's the thing...most say donations accepted but not expected. Its a beautiful thing. Put ROMS on the market and good luck with getting true support. Not saying that all are bad(support wise) but when you get a group together that have a passion for developing all of us reap the benefits :thumbup:

Still laughing @ PG's OCD comment:D

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones