1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Developer edition for Verizon?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by stanw, Dec 19, 2012.

1. stanw

stanw Well-Known Member

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. NeuDroid

NeuDroid Well-Known Member

I believe it comes with an unlocked bootloader from the factory as opposed to using other means to unlock it. Someone with more details may chime in.

3. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

It means its bootloader is not locked down like normal Verizon dwvives

4. you2

you2 Android Expert

As I understand it (please correct me if mistaken) these developers editions lack warranty on the hardware. At least when I checked for the razr hd and galaxy s3; the text indicated 30 days on the hardware (not the usual 1year). In addition you will have to mail it to them rather than walk into a corporate store (and I hear nothing about complaints with regards to moto warranty service; no clue on samsung).
    -
    So (unless I am mistaken) they basically sell you a phone at FULL mrrp price with no (well 30 days) warranty. So they collect Verizon's markup in addition to not having to deal with warranty. Does this sound like a good deal ?

5. jasaero

jasaero Android Enthusiast

It could hit the ground for less than the Verizon MSRP price I figure. Verizon seems to have marked this device up in relation to other versions so Sammy may choose to undercut what VZW is calling MSRP. Unless maybe VZW has the power to stop them from doing so and they might?

6. menmyjeep

menmyjeep Well-Known Member

I don't know where you got this information from? Verizon's price @ $699.99 is very competitively priced and even less than some including Best Buy @ $799.99 and US Cellular @ $799.99 who I believe are the most expensive to buy the Note II outright from.

7. you2

you2 Android Expert

It could but for the razr and galaxy s3 they did not.

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 release date was September 2012. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 8MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 3100mAh battery.

September 2012
Release Date
Reviews