• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Developer question about App Marketing Agencies

georeader

Jul 20, 2010
Hi. I have a free app called Georeader, MyGeoReader: Hear as you near. Learn as you go. The app reads aloud to you roadside markers and other things as you pass by them when you drive. I have been putting together a business plan as the iphone version of the app is almost done. I am reserving a budget for marketing. I am curious if anybody here, as a developer, have used a paid app advertising agency to help them. I have attached an example of their claims below (this one is from Apalon) . I was curious if these firms are effective use of marketing dollars and if , as a developer, you were pleased with the results if you used them. Thanks Dave
Here is what they claim......

$3,999
GUARANTEED RANKINGS
Pre-launch: 5-7 business days *
Post-launch: 12-15 business days
Services listed in Premium plan + increased traffic from ads across network of our apps.
Guaranteed TOP50 Rankings in any category (for Games - subcategory) in App Store USA.
If we don't deliver - you don't pay second payment (50% - $2000).

Should I believe the hype?

Also considering Apalon at the moment, and i also wanna know if there is anyone who have tried their premium plan?

It seems legit in the offer since they claim they use their own app network to run add, and since their developers as well i could believe that. But that just for free apps, right, they cant add in paid apps?

I did some emailing with them back and fourth, trying to make them offer me a custom plan, as i dont need all their services, but its a no go. Package only! ...

Someone in toucharcade forum is apparently not to happy about their service, try searching (cant post links here).

Ive also came across a company from India that had the excact same offering, only a little bit cheaper on price (but they had no testimonials). Seems like thei just copy the text content from Apalons offer..

Whats a shill-rate btw? How do you determined this?

Ps: Apalon on facebook has 184 followers..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones