1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

ROMs Developers could you help point me in the rite direction to start developing some roms here

Discussion in 'Android Development' started by jaymzway, Jan 16, 2014.

1. jaymzway

jaymzway Android Enthusiast
    None

Is there any developers here that would not mind pointing me in the rite direction so I can start making some roms for phones I know its more than just point and click. I do have more than basic knowledge already it's mainly getting pasted the security blocks here is my hard part the programming I should be able to do on my own and graphic designing I can also do as well and I would like to bring some cool and great things to the table here and I take great pride in everything I do and would like to help others as well I thrive on making new improvements. I would like to be part of something as wonderful, positive as most of the developing skills that you guys provide here I think its great!!!!! :)
    you guys do such great work in helping everyone and I would now like to return what you guys have done for me....

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    Start with the stock ROM and add/subtract what you want.

3. jaymzway

jaymzway Android Enthusiast
    None

thank you good sir its mainly the security parts im having the most probs with at the moment.

example: recovery.img files and the logo.rle
    Simple break down of the meta, framework, kernel files
    I want to learn with out to much just handed to me because it seems to stick with me longer when going to the stages of the process.
    I would not want to ask for to much to be handed to me as for I want to earn my respects through the process its just that im stuck in this stage...

More less if I could be shown just some examples of the way it needs to go..
    anything would be very much appreciated :0)