• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Developers/Hackers?? PLEASE HELP???

I am in Australia.
Been searching for an answer on forums, google, youtube, you name it.. I don't even know if it's possible. Maybe a android programmer/Hacker??

I purchased a S21 Ultra 256gb off Facebook market place in July for $1200.00 they are going for 2000 new here in Australia. The guy showed me the receipt and I did an IMEI blacklist check. All ok.
In mid October, I picked up my phone and it had a message on it stating it had been locked by a finance company... See pic.

I phoned the company and they stated the phone was purchased on a rental plan and they haven't been paying. I immediately tried to get hold of the seller but no surprise, couldn't. I went to the Police and they basically told me there is not much they can do. I rang back the finance company and pleaded with them to unlock it. They bluntly refused and do not want the phone back.

So much searching and many forums, I have basically been told there is no way to get around my issue. Chimera doesn't have a solution.

I tried reloaded the stock firmware with Odin but when it reboots it stops with a message stating KB does not allow this. So it appears it is an MDM knoxgaurd block.

The lock screen does not allow any access to anything on the phone. What you see in the pic is all I can get to appart from hitting support and it takes me to their email address....

From other forums and from looking for sol long, I believe it is an MDM Knox gaurd lock....

As a last resort I am trying this forum. If there is a way to solve this I would be prepared to pay a small fee.

Attachments

• Phone.jpg
    Phone.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 136
Someone posted exactly the same thing last week, an S21 with a KNOX MDM lockout on it, apparently done by a finance company.

AFAICT nobody has worked out how to bypass or defeat it yet on recent Samsung devices. Previously KNOX could be disabled by rooting the device, but I suspect Samsung has made KNOX more secure against hacking.

Upvote 0
Someone posted exactly the same thing last week, an S21 with a KNOX MDM lockout on it, apparently done by a finance company.

AFAICT nobody has worked out how to bypass or defeat it yet on recent Samsung devices. Previously KNOX could be disabled by rooting the device, but I suspect Samsung has made KNOX more secure against hacking.
this is the original thread you are talkining about:
https://androidforums.com/threads/locked-s21-ultra.1338402/

op if it has anything to do with Knox, good luck finding help......i think you are pretty much sol with this phone. this is why i would never buy a used phone....no matter how good of a deal it is. the only way i would do this is if i can take the phone into my carrier and have them set everything up. if everything goes as planned....then AND ONLY THEN would i hand over the money to complete the purchase of said phone. that is the only scenario i would agree to buy a used phone.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones