• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Development] CWM recovery

itzmiandy

Android Enthusiast
Mar 23, 2012
Hello,

Now after so many days of trial and error...

I have finally managed to get a working CWM on the phone the A87.

I have a feeling that this would work on the A57 too.

If somebody can test it and let us know, it would be great..

Here is the link - recovery.img

You can flash it through FASTBOOT

If you like to show your appreciation, click the THANKS button.

did not worked,
after flashing when i tried to boot into recovery it got stuck at superfone logo
so i connect it to pc, insted of showing a57 it showed a87
adb devices gave
"1234567890abcdefg recovery"
maybe graphic.c ??

Yes, I had edited the graphics.c file to suit MMX A87..

Can you send me the recovery.img for A57, I will try to port CWM for it.

Thanks for trying out though..

Reactions: mi2lk8
Upvote 0
Hey people. First of all congrats on your success for A87 CWM :)

I own a Micromax A56, this is very much similar to A87 in terms of specs. Yet again, the one you are currently developing for, the A57 is the nearest cousin of A56 :D

It is my humble request to all of you to help us too, we are Micromax brotherhood u see :) My thread can be found here : http://androidforums.com/micromax-a56/647154-help-need-developers-making-cwm-micromax-a56.html

Wish you all the best for A57 CWM, particularly itzmiandy its been a pleasure being your fan, awesome job guys!

Reactions: aKp1
Upvote 0
OK Now I have unpacked the recovery.img of MMx A57 and I have got the ramdisk and zImage file!! Now what??
Also got your recovery_final.img for MMx A87 and unpacked it!! But what now??

Have you extracted the ramdisk?

If so, then swap all the files in the sbin folder and pack it again..

Flash the recovery and tell me what happens..

Upvote 0
Nothing happens bro!! Tried your recovery!! It get stuck on the Superfone Ninja Boot screen!! Please do something!! Do you want the recovery that I have repacked from your recovery_final.img!!

And bro reply my pm!!

Bro,

When you are stuck at the boot screen, check if your phone gets listed under "ADB devices"

Upvote 0
I got a working ClockworkMod recovery compiled from a developer in XDA. Only thing is, it won't show anything at all in the device screen :( But I can use it through DDMS screencapture tool. It works perfectly, I took backup, restored, mounted USB, etc. See screenshot :
2qm2qeo.jpg

Now my question is : Can you make it show up in the device screen? I believe there is only a minor adjustment needed for the display trouble as everything else is working so perfectly. Please help!

Attaching the recovery here : Please note that I have renamed the .img file to .zip :) Credits for this recovery goes to Eklovya (XDA)

Attachments

• cwm5.0.2.8recovery.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 155
Upvote 0
I got a working ClockworkMod recovery compiled from a developer in XDA. Only thing is, it won't show anything at all in the device screen :( But I can use it through DDMS screencapture tool. It works perfectly, I took backup, restored, mounted USB, etc. See screenshot :
2qm2qeo.jpg

Now my question is : Can you make it show up in the device screen? I believe there is only a minor adjustment needed for the display trouble as everything else is working so perfectly. Please help!

Attaching the recovery here : Please note that I have renamed the .img file to .zip :) Credits for this recovery goes to Eklovya (XDA)

Bro,

We already have working CWM for the phone.. It just that little mod that needs to be done to make it show up on the phone..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones