• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Development Question- Cannot get Eclipse to actually install apps on this phone! (HTC Evo V 4G)

I recently got into programming as a result of attending a summer camp where we wrote a rudimentary Android app using AppInventor (fantastic program to start programming by the way).

Anyway, I decided to dabble in some real programming for Android, and I hit a (minor) hurdle. As I was going through the Android Developer tutorial, I tried to run the app on my phone. Eclipse threw this at me:

[HIGH][2013-07-16 02:36:43 - MyFirstApp] Uploading MyFirstApp.apk onto device 'HT26FHX05561'
[2013-07-16 02:36:43 - MyFirstApp] Installing MyFirstApp.apk...
[2013-07-16 02:36:44 - MyFirstApp] Success!
[2013-07-16 02:36:44 - MyFirstApp] Starting activity com.example.myfirstapp.MainActivity on device HT26FHX05561[/HIGH]

Looks great right? Except NOTHING happened on my phone. No app popped up, nothing in my app drawer, nothing happened. I have USB Debugging enabled, I've used ADB with this phone and laptop at least a thousand times, and I've even been in fastboot. I'm stumped. Anyone have any idea why Eclipse says everything is okay, but it really isn't?

You're going to need to install HTC Sync (terrible piece of software, but necessary). I had this phone briefly last fall and I remember that it was quite a process to get working. HTC's drivers are lumped in with their Sync software. I don't remember which USB setting it needed after that, but there are only about 3 of them so trial and error at that stage shouldn't be brutal.

Debugging on my phone (Eclipse, Android) - Stack Overflow

Good Luck!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones