1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Device freeze and reboot when using USB debug.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by blackhorse123, Dec 22, 2011.

1. blackhorse123

blackhorse123 Lurker

Hi
    I hope someone here can help me :( I have new Samsung Galaxy S2 , whenever I disconnect it from PC, using USB debug / mass storage , the phone would freeze ,and reboot , or it will give me blank SD , or even worse , it give Damaged SD , the only way to restore it is by format, sometimes it would even freeze/reboot during connection .
    I'm suffering from this issue 2 months now , I tried all ways to overcome it but can't , it only happen if I moved app to SD , if there no app on SD or less than 10 apps , it works good.
    Is this normal or do I have damaged device ?
    Sometimes if I just fromat SD , restore backup it works fine , but 9/10 is not .
    What I have tried so far :
    -Changed SD
    -Wiped / restored factory data .
    -Updated firmware.
    -Reinstalled offical ROM.
    -Installed custom ROM.

Please help me :( , don't ask me to stay on system memory for apps , 2 GB for apps is joke -_-

Thanks.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. greggebhardt

greggebhardt Android Enthusiast

Have you tried a different USB cable?

Just a thought

3. blackhorse123

blackhorse123 Lurker

Yup same thing :(

4. Russell Ng

Russell Ng Android Expert

It happens with a different microSD card in FAT format? Then maybe it is a defective phone. Can get a replacement? Or if you have a friend with the same phone, try using your microSD card in his phone. If he doesn't mind :D

He might not want to take the risk though.

5. blackhorse123

blackhorse123 Lurker

Yes , I used MicroSD with FAT format , I tried formating them in NTFS , but phone will not accept "Unkown System format" .
    Now I'm trying to avoid using USB , I send bia bluetooth , but when file received , I can't use my SD , can't read/write run apps from it. Altho bluetooth use phone USB storage , when I connect that SD to my PC ( Memory reader ) it read and write no proplems at all , it even works faster at 10mb/sec, with phone it is 0~2mb/sec.

Unofrtuenatly , I don't have a friend with same phone :( , I don't think it's phone bug , I searched google , and barely find anyone with same issue ( for beeing a critcal bug ) , and those who had , they got it fix by formatting SD , restore factory , which I have done more than that -_-

I pretty sure it's my phone , since I took it , it had not working Vol button , defactive mic , defactive speaker :( I should have listened to my brother and asked to replace phone not parts -_- now I found new issue , the tilt or G-sensor will not work when phone getting hot , average , not very hot while playing Dead Space. I have to shake it hardly to swtich weapon mode, if it get too hot , it won't work at all.

I will try for a replacment , I hope they won't notice the 10 customs karnels xD might use Jig before.

Just to make sure does any owner of the SGS2 confirm that he has no issue at all from using app on SD and USB mode?
    Thanks.

6. Russell Ng

Get a replacement. With so many problems, it is probably a defective unit

7. blackhorse123

blackhorse123 Lurker

Thanks , I will try with them , I doubt they will.

As you own a SGS2 Russel Ng , can you please confirm that you have no problem moving any app to SD and connecting phone via USB to PC ? I might end buying new one , I like this phone so much.

8. Russell Ng

Works fine. I did had a defective microSD card last time. The only thing was that files kept getting corrupted when transferring and appearing in the Lost.dir folder. But phone works fine

9. blackhorse123

blackhorse123 Lurker

I took my phone to Samsung service center , along with the SD for being checked. Waiting 2 days tho..

I keep getting the lost folder , phone will goes weird when installing new app , receiveing BT , copy / paste etc... Usualy followed by crash/hang/reboot . It happens with every memory I tried :(
    Hope they will fix it .
    Thanks for the confirmation , I will update my status when I get my phone back.

10. blackhorse123

blackhorse123 Lurker

Ok , after a week of tries , they couldn't fix it , and got replacment , they were so nice that didn't mind the rooting.

Anyway, my memory is damaged as well now . Bought new memory for the new device , it still freeze and reboot after disconnecting from PC , but no more blank or damaged SD , it must be a flaw on the SGS2 or android OS.
    Also the new device is about 60% faster , app that took 30sec installing on older device , took only 10 in the newer one , reading / writing from PC to SD , is much faster.

Still annoys me , when it reboot. I think I have to live with it.

Thanks all.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews