• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Device ID

i too am curious as to where to locate the android device id #. i guess it's a 16 digit sequence that syncs with the market/playstore. i believe that this person is trying to use the apk downloader extension with google chrome, as it requires that info. currently i am awaiting a new battery to finish flashing my droid x, as it became too low to program. is there an android id # that is 16 digits (letters and numbers) on the external of the droid x?

Upvote 0
The ONLY way I could find was to download an app from the Play Store to your phone called "Device ID" by redphx (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.redphx.deviceid&hl=en)

It doesn't require internet (except to download) and is extremely simple. Shows your Device ID and the email address associated to it. Also has optional copy/share so you can email, txt, facebook, etc the code to yourself. (code works with APK downloader...not that it's what im using it for ; D )
*10/1/12 Working, Chrome v22.0.1229.79 m)

Very convenient, although it would be nice to find a method that doesn't require specialized software...although I'd guess Google will do what they can to prevent that!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones