• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Device Internal Storage Full (USB Not visible now) - Not able to mount USB Storage

rajpuneyani

Lurker
May 24, 2013
Dear all,

I am using N7000 Galaxy note with 16GB internal storage and 2 GB device storage.
I am on android version 4.1.2 and Build JZO54K.N7000DDLSC

I have searched a lot and tried a lot but have not been able to crack this issue.

All of a sudden, my USB storage has disappeared. Under the settings--> Storage --> It shows USB Storage (applications some 300MB and then "Mount SD Card")...pressing "Mount SD Card" does something for a few seconds and comes back to normal one.

When I mount the USB to PC - Under "Phone" it shows (-102399) Kb total size and (-102399 Kb) Free space.
External SD Card is working fine.

When I connect the phone to KIES on my laptop then under "Internal Memory" it shows - 0 bytes / 0 bytes...Basically not detectable as it is not mounted.

I have cleaned up my cache multiple times...tried mounting SD Card multiple times.
Removed facebook and other memory hogger applications...cleaned up my mailboxes also to almost 0 size...Still no luck.

I am not able to mount USB storage and not able to access it anyhow hence not able to move any application or data to any other place....

While capturing any screenshot also or entering debugging mode (pressing home button and Volume up key), it complains "Device Storage full. Delete some items."
My dilemma is - I am not able to see Internal USB Storage either as a disk drive, not able to mount to clean up anything or move apps...so how can I clean it?

Any other way of finding it out what is stored in that storage and clean it up?

In a nutshell, I am in a total fix...Need your help....Not able to use my camera and many essential apps which rely on USB storage.

Please let me know what else I can do.

Attachments

• screenshot.doc
    100.5 KB · Views: 56

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones