1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Device is rooted problem

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Noman Ahmed, Feb 15, 2021.

1. Noman Ahmed

Noman Ahmed Lurker

I am using android version 6.0.1.
    When I try to open certain apps it says your device is rooted and that app wont open on my phone. Any solution for this problem?

mikedt likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

Unroot your device

mikedt and ocnbrze like this.
  3. hmmm ive never had this problem and i have a j3 emerge and its a 6.0.1 may i ask what is your phone model

MrJavi, ocnbrze and mikedt like this.
  4. mikedt

mikedt 你好

If your phone or tablet is rooted, you'll have to un-root it. However if you're certain it isn't rooted, email the dev of the app, tell them the problem, and maybe they can provide a solution.

MrJavi, Dannydet and ocnbrze like this.
  5. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

i'm curious as to what app says this? usually it is a banking app. i'm also curious as to how you do not know that the device is rooted? did you buy the phone 2nd hand? or brand new? what phone do you have?

MrJavi and Dannydet like this.
  6. Noman Ahmed

Noman Ahmed Lurker

I also have j3 emerge

7. Noman Ahmed

Noman Ahmed Lurker

I have J3 emerge, I bought brand new phone,
    And only few apps show this problem, otherwise 99% apps run smoothly without any problen

8. Noman Ahmed

Noman Ahmed Lurker

Can u plz elaborate how to unroot.
    I tried via su app, it says there your device is not rooted
    Still app shows device is rooted.

9. well the j3 emerge i rooted it through odin3 i first installed twrp onto it then flashed super su via twrp

MrJavi likes this.
  10. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

The best way to unroot a device is to reflash it with the official firmware. As Ellen Ripley said, it's the only way to be sure. ;)

The vast majority of apps don't care whether it is rooted or not, so only a few complaining tells us very little. If you told us which apps do complain that would tell us more. There are also different ways of checking for root, and it may not need to have root functioning in order to fail some tests.

Along those lines, what is the knox status of the device? I don't own a Samsung, but I think you can check this from the bootloader. If an app were to check the knox "e-fuse" status as a proxy for checking for root that would show whether the system software has ever been tampered with - and as unrooting does not reset the knox flag that would be a problem. However since this is a Samsung-specific thing I'd not expect that many apps to check it.

ocnbrze, MrJavi and Dannydet like this.