• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Some of my observations of the initial (unrooted) product.
1. Lots of bloatware. I mean alot. It took me a good bit to get rid of all the apps that I did not want on my phone.
2. Excellent screen. The colors are very bright and the detail is pretty sick.
3. The full keyboard is awesome, however it is a bit too difficult to slide out the keyboard in some situations.

After rooting the phone, and getting rid of all the crap I did not want on the phone, I could not be happier with it. It runs really fast, and is very smooth. The keyboard is a pretty sweet addition; it makes texts and emails much, much easier. It is not difficult to root.

All in all, a really nice phone. I have to say my only comparison is the DI1, so take that for what its worth.

Upvote 0
rgocal
i posted short review on the ally forum.
compared t the ally its super fast, and super bright beautiful screen
kbd is pretty good. not ally great, but good. part of that is that I need to get used to the keys. more rows on the kbd.. it's a bit difficult to slide out. I am going to add a drop of lithium or silicon grease when / if i can figure out where it needs to go.
root was easy,

I have tetherd with "barnicle" which I believe is adhoc and not infrastructure, but I only used if for ipad and laptops.

so I think bloat ware, removal is the first step, and a new rom would need themes, (am working on this myself) and some additions of great apps. over clocked kernal, I don't need it compared to the ally its fast.

I am freezing bloat ware now trying to figure out what to remove

basics widget app picker, better launcher (adw? playing around with arc launcher) samba fileshare, sqllite3

only issue I have seen. one of my chargers doesn't work. it says it is charging the battery but it isn't. and I have had a few reboots when it was in y pocket.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones