• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Device Self Service issues

n8man1068

Nov 5, 2009
Trying the 'Device Self Service 1.1' app to update my PRL (prefered roaming list) before I head out on a trip.
I expect the 'udpate firmware' option not to work, but the 'update profile' and 'update prl' do not work. When trying to run either, I get a 'no service' error, even though I have 4 bars.

Any ideas?

Trying the 'Device Self Service 1.1' app to update my PRL (prefered roaming list) before I head out on a trip.
I expect the 'udpate firmware' option not to work, but the 'update profile' and 'update prl' do not work. When trying to run either, I get a 'no service' error, even though I have 4 bars.

Any ideas?

I've done PRL updates, but not through device self service. From the home screen, I've hit menu > settings > about phone > system updates > update PRL

Upvote 0
I've done PRL updates, but not through device self service. From the home screen, I've hit menu > settings > about phone > system updates > update PRL

I just updated my phone this way too as I wanted to know if 2.1 was available already, but only updated PRL, however, the system told me it needed to update the radio as well... Is that something I am supposed to do manually? I rebooted the phone but no messages came up again regarding this issue...
:thinking:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones