• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

quiksilver169

Dec 29, 2009
Is this device worth $200 w/LTE from Verizon right now or should I try my luck again with the Nexus 7?

Verizon is currently having $200 off Samsung tablets as I'm sure they are dumping inventory for the 2014 edition. Size is not a huge factor in the decision and I primarily use it for watching movies when traveling and web browsing.

Wondering if you guys just feel it's outdated at this point.

Edit: Nevermind, $399 price is reflective of $200 off advertisement.

The older version has a lower screen resolution. I used mine for mostly drawing and the rez was fine for that. When watching an HD content however the lower rez does become very noticeable. Still watchable but definitely not sharp and some pixelation.
Also for web browsing its perfectly fine.

I'm happy with mine, but usually only recommend getting Note if you need a stylus. Otherwise I normally recommend the Nexus line.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones