1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

dGB market force closes after titanium restores

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by davoid, Apr 10, 2012.

1. davoid

davoid Android Expert

First off, just want to say I've just flashed this rom (coming from oxygen) and it seems very slick, quick, and customizable (considering it's small size) - I was particularly happy to see the pull down notification bar widgets.

I've a strange problem with the market, though. I tried downloading Titanium from the market, and it recognized that I had already purchased it, downloaded it and installed it (apparently). But within Market there was only the option to uninstall it, and the Open button was greyed out.

I looked in the app drawer, but it's icon wasn't there, so I resorted to booting into recovery and installing my titanium backup zip and rebooting.

That worked and I now have Titanium in my app drawer and can open it.

However, now I have the problem that if I restore any apps from Titanium, the Market no longer works, and Force Closes.

If I uninstall the offending restored app, Market then works properly.

I hope this isn't going to happen for all my backed up apps! I had intended to do a batch restore...

To verify that it is the Titanium restored apps that are causing the problem:

I restored Amazon Kindle app. Market Force Closed.

I uninstall Kindle, Market works.

I download Kindle from Market, Kindle works, Market works.

I restore another app from Titanium, Market Force Closed.

Do you think I need another version of Market?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. SUroot

SUroot Extreme Android User

Did you have an ext partition on sd card before? None of this should happen.

Do a full wipe again, install titanium from market and ensure "restore to original location" is not ticked. Then try restore

3. davoid

davoid Android Expert

No ext partition. Where is the option for "restore to original location" ? Do you mean within Market, or within Titanium?

I'm going to wipe and reflash now.

4. SUroot

Titanium

5. davoid

davoid Android Expert

Right, I've flashed the rom, set up my google account. downloaded titanium, but again I cannot open it. It is not in the app drawer, and in Market, the Open button is greyed out. I do have the Titanium Backup zip on my sdcard, which I had to use before to use titanium, and will probably have to resort to that.

About the market force closing. if I unlink all my apps from the market in titanium would that sort out the problem do you think?

6. SUroot

Ive no idea. Ive never seen nor heard of this problem on this rom or any other.

did you do a full wipe before flashing the rom?

Have you tried downloading and installing google play before installing any other apps?

7. davoid

davoid Android Expert

Yes I did a full wipe before flashing.

Well I went into app management and uninstalled titanium and installed the backup from recovery. Back to where I was. I have, however discovered that some apps will restore from titanium without force closing the market, and I'm having to go through them one at a time.

Another interesting thing. When I viewed 'my apps' in market, it showed titanium as 'purchased' but not 'installed' and I clicked on it to download it, and again it didn't give me the option to open it. I could however open it from the app drawer.

I couldn't find google play in the market.

8. davoid

davoid Android Expert

Oh dear. I've restored the apps that won't Force Close the Market, but now when I try do download the remaining apps, I discover that nothing will download. Just the down arrow in the notification bar and waiting for ever for nothing to happen.

There's something upsetting the Market app.

I'm going to eat a cake to cheer me up

9. SUroot

The market has been replaced by Google play. You won't find Google play on the market because it IS the market. Find and download the apk on xda or even here somewhere

10. davoid

davoid Android Expert

Thanks SUroot for trying to help. I really would like this to work, as your rom is very nice. I've updated to the google play apk you put me onto, but it still won't download anything. Instead of a progress bar, I see dashes travelling to the left, reducing in size until they become dots at the end.

I think I will have to revert back to my old rom for the time being, as I don't really have the time to be doing this now (I've got lots of essays to write for uni), so I will have to take up the challenge again next month.

Something I did notice though. When I had done a fresh flash, I was informed that it had achieved a "partial recovery" of some apps, and indeed awaremote was installed on the phone, as was Titanium Backup Pro, even though I hadn't installed anything yet and had wiped the phone! How could this be possible? (I'm afraid I can't remember which app told me of the partial recovery - it might have been when I opened the market, or it might have been in a system toast...)

EDIT:
    Just noticed something - after I've done a data wipe in recovery it gives the message:

could this be relevant?

11. SUroot

That's the ext partition on sd card you said you didn't have?

Also what restore option you using in titanium? From batch menu I mean?

12. davoid

davoid Android Expert

I used 'restore missing apps with data', and then you can radio button choose 'apps plus data' or 'apps only' or 'data only'. I used 'apps plus data' when it first didn't work, then when I wiped and reflashed, I tried restoring each app individually.

Concerning the "/dev/block/mmcblk0p2" message, I have definitely never formatted an ext partition on my sdcard, so that's still a mystery. :thinking:

13. davoid

davoid Android Expert

Just done a fresh install, and I think I'm going to download all my apps, keeping away from Titanium, because at the moment the market is working.

HTC Desire Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews