• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Hi Fatsamscat, welcome to AF, your location made me chuckle! :)

How old is the item? As per the Sale of Goods Act, if the item isn't in proper working order, you should be able to return for a fix/replacement?

I'm not sure of specifics, but you can find more info here: The Sale of Goods Act and SOGA hub* - The Office of Fair Trading

Reactions: Fatsamscat
Upvote 0
Hi Fatsamscat, welcome to AF, your location made me chuckle! :)

How old is the item? As per the Sale of Goods Act, if the item isn't in proper working order, you should be able to return for a fix/replacement?

I'm not sure of specifics, but you can find more info here: The Sale of Goods Act and SOGA hub* - The Office of Fair Trading

Thank you for your response! The item was purchased in September I believe however I have no proof of this as I didn't make the purchase! I do however have same problems as everyone else and wondered if I could get this resolved anywhere else other than through DGM?

Not fussed about returning and do not want any refund,, just want the thing to work! It doesn't have to be the greatest device in the world... But to do something would be nice!

Thanks again!:D

Upvote 0

I bought 5 (yes 5!) tablets via Groupon and how I wish I had never set eyes on them -they were 'meant' to be Christmas presents but upon checking them, I found that none of them are holding a charge as they should and one of them is showing a fully charged battery, but it is completely dead and cannot be removed from the charger without dying. Has anyone else had the battery problem?

My question is simple - how can I return these goods which are not fit for purpose and receive a full refund? I cannot get any response from DGM (surprise, surprise!) But should anyone from DGM be reading this, I'd be grateful if you showed some sort of 'customer service', which has been sadly lacking up to now.

Upvote 0
I've posted here once before about not being able to watch online tv or listen to radio and now, on top of those problems, the charger packed up. The little metal bit of the charger that goes into the unit came clean off. Has anyone else had this problem? I have not misused this tablet in any way shape or form, I've got loads of electrical goods with the same type of charger and none of them had this problem. I wonder if anyone from DGM will get back to me. I should have paid attention when it came after a month instead of the 10 days promised, I should have cancelled the order before the tablet arrived... It was a sign that things are not good with this tablet, but I ignored them- the price was right and the description was satisfactory.

Upvote 0
if I'm lucky enough to be able to return this tablet, I want to clear what little history it has, make sure that passwords are not stored on it, so I have to turn it on somehow. Therefore I've been looking for replacement chargers and I found one with these specifications:
It can be used for all tablets with 2.5mm plug and DC 5V.
Input:
AC 100-240V 0.3A 50/60Hz
Output: DC 5V 2000mA
Plug: 2.5mm

Does anyone know if it will fit the tablet? What size plug does this tablet have? I've been looking all around the box, I don't know where to find this information, so I'm hoping someone here can help. Thanks

Upvote 0
My tablet worked straight out of the box. All apps installed and working, apart from those apps that have known issues which were uninstalled and forgotten about. However, I got this on Saturday, used it a little then and Sunday, adding apps, playing the odd game etc then wham yesterday without reason, the back button and settings buttons stopped working.

When you turn the tablet around, they work, so it seems to be an issue with the 2 corners, away from the plug end... which is ok on apps that allow themselves to be rotated to be used "the other way up" (ie with the lead at the top, my preferred way of course to avoid damage to the lead... alas the default appears to be the other way up.

However on games like Angry birds, the pause button is affected. You cannot "flip" the tablet and play that way.

The back button does not respond at all and you have to press the "home" button... or more to the point you accidentally find yourself pressing the home button when you were trying to get the back button to respond.

Is this a problem for anyone else? It did not cause an issue before. It's new so of course I have not dropped it, I am looking after it more than I look after anything else at the moment.

I bought it in time so that I could use it whilst at work on a long 12 hour shift today and tomorrow, in between tasks and while it works I guess in that I can do most functions, this is an annoyance. At least with the back button there is an ACTUAL button on the side which works most times.

Anyway please if anyone does have any experience of this happening to them, please let me know. If I have to send it back, c'est la vie, I have only paid for one app and I guess i can get the high scores back but it's not an ideal situation.

Any tips would be gratefully received (and no "get an iPad" is not a tip and shall be suitably ignored :p)

Upvote 0
Hi All,

Can anyone tell me how long the battery should last on this tablet? I got 2 for my kids but the battery seems to run out very fast. I charge them to 100% but they only seem to last a couple of hrs. Is it because they are playing games on them or is it because there could be a fault? I have no idea how long the battery life is. Thanks

Upvote 0
Hi All,

Can anyone tell me how long the battery should last on this tablet? I got 2 for my kids but the battery seems to run out very fast. I charge them to 100% but they only seem to last a couple of hrs. Is it because they are playing games on them or is it because there could be a fault? I have no idea how long the battery life is. Thanks

If they're relatively new, the battery takes a few charge/discharge cycles before it will start performing at its full capacity. Games can be quite battery intensive anyway. If you turn the brightness down to about half way (or maybe a bit less), that should help a little.

How is the battery when the tablet is just idle?

Upvote 0
If they're relatively new, the battery takes a few charge/discharge cycles before it will start performing at its full capacity. Games can be quite battery intensive anyway. If you turn the brightness down to about half way (or maybe a bit less), that should help a little.

How is the battery when the tablet is just idle?

Hi thanks for your reply.

That is good. Yes they are just new tablets so it may be just as you say that it can take a while before they get to there full capacity. I have already turned the brightness down as someone else told me to do that and that helped a bit so will leave them for a while and see if they get a bit better. They are a bit inconsistent when they are idle to be honest. They start of at 100% and can stay there for a while but after a short while of being played with they can drop to about 30% quick quickly so the kids are getting annoyed with them. I can't get through to anyone at DGM to speak to them however hopefully as you say it may just take a while for them to get up to full strengh. Many thanks.

Upvote 0
Hopefully, they just need time to bed in a little. Give them a couple of weeks and see if they get any better (I can't imagine the kids will be happy with that answer though, sorry :eek:).

Don't do full charge/discharge cycles either, that can have a negative impact on battery life too, I usually charge my devices when they get to around 40% or so.

Upvote 0
Hopefully, they just need time to bed in a little. Give them a couple of weeks and see if they get any better (I can't imagine the kids will be happy with that answer though, sorry :eek:).

Don't do full charge/discharge cycles either, that can have a negative impact on battery life too, I usually charge my devices when they get to around 40% or so.

ok will do that thanks and will do as you say and not let them run the battery down as I was doing that. Thanks again for your help. Much appreciated. :)

Upvote 0
Got one of these tablets bought for me for Christmas, was bought from Groupon back in late Sept. I opened it Christmas day and seem to be one of the unlucky people who cannot download any apps via Google Play. Cannot get through to DGM customer services and have sent off the Groupon & paypal voucher to the e-mail posted earlier in this thread. Have not heard nothing yet but I live in hope. Has anyone else had the same problem and if so is there an easy fix?

If DGM are still monitoring this thread can you please respond to my e-mail regarding sending out the fix on TF card.

Thanks in advance
Danny

Upvote 0
Bought one of these from Ideal World as a Christmas present for daughter. Also not able to download apps. Sat in the box until Christmas day. Ideal World say its past their 14 day return period so we'd have to go to digimate. Also not able to get through to DGM on the phone, also have received no reply from e-mail sent to address posted by DGM on this forum. Tragic all round!!

Upvote 0
Bought one of these from Ideal World as a Christmas present for daughter. Also not able to download apps. Sat in the box until Christmas day. Ideal World say its past their 14 day return period so we'd have to go to digimate. Also not able to get through to DGM on the phone, also have received no reply from e-mail sent to address posted by DGM on this forum. Tragic all round!!

Sorry :(

The next step would probably be something sent via recorded/special delivery.

According to here: DGM - Contact Customer Service, their address is:
DGM House 1, Chancery Gate Business Centre, Stonefield Way, Ruislip, London, HA4 0JA

Upvote 0
Hi i brought three dgm t909 tablest and have have had nothing but trouble with these tablets, one latest 2 days before it started falling apart and when clicking back together the screen cracked, build quality is vey poor, had issues with downloading apps too on two of the tablets, waited for delivey and this was delayed sent several emails and evetualy got a replay offer free give of stylus pen for delivery being late received eventaully. Tried contacting dgm and what fun that was many mnay emails sent with no responce, constantly calling and guess what no responce evnetually contacted groupon regading issues and then dgm contacted us yes meer shee from dgm but that has no helped, just excuses out of 28 day warranty blar blar, really do not buy these tablet customer servcie is terrible, tablets are terrible, dgm response is terrible, having to purue this further now as dgm are not a customer focussed company and not issues in the customer servcie or the quality of product just the money.:mad:

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0
Also if you look at the tablet there is no camera at the back, so there is only front view.
In the manual it states "NOTE. You can tap the camera icon to switch between front camera and rear camera to take pictures and record video.
Page 15 at the very bottom !!!!
Consumer Act. Does not fit trading description!!
I am going to contact customer service tomorrow .

Upvote 0
I was given an android tablet, DGM t909 for my birthday in January, which is great, or was, until yesterday when, in the middle of reading Great Expectations on it, it suddenly shut down to a white screen which after a while switched off completely. I can see anything. I have tried re-booting, pressing power switch and volume switch at the same time. and nothing happens except the power goes off and then on again. I have tried pressing the re-set button, a very small hole in he back, nothing happens. I have tried connecting it to my laptop but it wont connect. What can I do? Perhaps someone out there can help. Having read a lot of other threads I must say that my t 909 has worked very well, downloaded apps and done everything I wanted...up till now.

Upvote 0
To anyone experiencing difficulties trying to download apps from the Google Play Store from the DGM T-909S/T-909. Please could you send your tablet in so that we can fix it and send it back?
Our address is – (DGM Distribution Ltd, DGM House 1, Chancerygate Business Centre, Ruislip, London, HA4 0JA)

The issue had with the T-909S/T-909 has been rectified and all in all only affected a small amount of units, around 3-4%.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones