1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

DGT GTD that is Getting Things Done (and TODO)

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by dgtale, Feb 22, 2011.

1. dgtale

dgtale Lurker
    None

Oct 9, 2009
    Hi,

I'd like to promote my free application but I'm looking for tester too.

DGT GTD aims to implement the Getting Things Done discipline but can also be used as a todo/check list, yet another one :)

I already know that someone dislikes the style, therefore I'm begging to focus only on the functionalities, robustness and usability. (Online synch. will be available soon)

Thanks in advance for your suggestions and feedbaks.
    DG

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Advertisement

2. Rootmepls

Rootmepls Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 22, 2011
    NorCal
    I'm using Astrid right now but if its compatible with Pure Calender and syncs with GCalender I would be interested in the future of the development. I actually like the icons you are using. Although this looks kind of like an iPhone app for some reason. The colors of the bars and buttons look very much like an iPHone app.

3. dgtale

dgtale Lurker
    None

Oct 9, 2009
    Hi Rootmepls,
    as I said the application is still in work-in-progress phase, therefore those features are not yet in plan. I'm currently developing the sync with Toodledo.
    Please feel free to add your wishes here.

4. jeffeynboo

jeffeynboo Newbie
    None

Oct 23, 2009
    Hi Dale,

I discovered your app a couple of weeks ago and feel that even in it's alpha state, it is the best GTD app for the Android. I love that it syncs with Toodledo, but if you can get it to sync with Nirvanahq, I won't even think about trying other apps!

Thanks for doing a great job on DGT GTD!

Jeff

5. dgtale

dgtale Lurker
    None

Oct 9, 2009
    Hi jeff, unfortunately NirvanaHQ API for developers are not yet ready.
    As soon Nirvana provide the API I will implement the extension for DGT GTD.
    Cheers
    dg

6. Posterchild

Posterchild Lurker
    None

Jul 16, 2011
    I'm still figuring it out, but am also very impressed. I've been playing with several options (Evernote, Springpad, GTD Task Manager, Astrid Tasks, Shuffle, ActionComplete) and this is the best one.

One suggestion is to be able to see tasks without the projects. If I want to see the important tasks, or just a list of "next action" tasks I can't seem to do it without their projects being listed as tasks along with them.

I'm also still not sure how to use lists. I've kind of got them as categories. Maybe if a task could be in more than one list (for example a custom list and the Hotlist or Starred list) then you could keep them organized by project/list, but quickly pull up urgent or important ones.

Thanks for the wonderful work!

7. tabath

tabath Newbie
    None

Feb 20, 2011
    Having used GTD for a while and read DAs book a number of times on first glance one big thing hits me in the face - your overdue list (not really a part of GTD) and also your use of contexts on the calendar. In fact todo lists with ontexts should not really be calendarised. If your offering it as GTD like app then fine but if its pitched at the large GTD community out there it needs a bit of work. Hit up the GTD community at yahoo groups for more input from other GTD users