1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

DHD erratic screen response on charger

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tedrogers, Sep 20, 2011.

1. tedrogers

tedrogers Newbie

Hi all,

I noticed something very unusual this morning with my DHD, that when on charge (using a cheap Chinese charger), that the screen response, e.g. swiping, flicking etc. becomes erratic, stops working etc.

As soon as I take it off charge, and runs from internal battery it is fine.

How weird is that? Any ideas why? The charger should just supply enough power to charge the battery, but maybe it is causing some interference.

Anyone else had this. It's a simple fix, but I like using my phone on mains when I'm in the house so I can keep my wifi on etc. and the phone is fully topped off before I leave the house.

Thanks.

Advertisement

2. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42

Does it happen with other chargers /USB cables/plug sockets? Sounds like one of those will be the culprit.

3. tedrogers

tedrogers Newbie

It doesn't happen on USB charge from my computer. I haven't tried a proper test with the official HTC charger yet, but I have used it with the HTC charger and I haven't noticed anything. I would need to do a proper intensive test with lots of scrolling and renaming etc. to see if it happened with the HTC charger. I'll let you know if I spot anything.

4. Goreygirl

Goreygirl Android Enthusiast

Th.ere have been multiple issues found when using the cheap Chinese chargers (including car chargers), you just can't count on the quality of the electronics in them. Ditch it and use a more reputable charger before it does permanent damage.

tedrogers likes this.
  5. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42

So you've eliminated the USB cable then (I presume it's the same one as you're using with the charger). If it happens with the same charger and cable, but in a different plug socket, then I would ditch the charger like Goreygirl says.

tedrogers likes this.
  6. tedrogers

tedrogers Newbie

Yep, it's the charger (which is an all-in-one, if you catch my drift - not a two-piece like the HTC one).

The official two-piece HTC charger doesn't upset the device at all.

I've binned the rubbish one! I guess it mustn't have been cleaning the power properly and sending electrical spikes into the phone or something! :eek:

7. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42

Yeah, perhaps it wasn't grounded properly or something.