1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

DHD keeps forgettimg my tone settings

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by RussWWFC, Feb 6, 2011.

1. RussWWFC

RussWWFC Android Enthusiast

Right, so I am running a DHD, latest update.

Also have LauncherPro plus running, this stops me going to the personalise menu, I have to change everything via settings.

So I've set my message tones/alarm tones/ring tones. They were downloaded by Zedge and are stored in the Zedge directory on the phone. But when I unmount the SD card (IE to look at files on my Macbook) the settings are forgotten and it goes back to default.

The files are on the SD Card and I can set them again, but everytime I mount the card to use as a disk drive it forgets them

Any solution to this?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. RussWWFC

Anyone? May try flashing a new rom or would it be the SD card. I'm guessing it's a card issue or a sense conflicting with Launcher Pro Issue

3. mamyel

mamyel Newbie

I have this similar quirk in my dhd and it always happens when the sd card is unmounted (usb access). But when I mount the SD again either by choosing the default usb charge option, or when I remove the cable, all my ringtones and notifications go back to the customized ones that I've set.

Does your tones still remain at default once the sd is mounted again?

4. RussWWFC

It's weird, some of the time I will get the tone I set, sometimes I will get the default. Generally goes (and stays) wrong after I have unmounted the SD though

5. dvhttn

dvhttn Android Expert

Hmmm. My "tones" seem to change at random sometimes. Thought it was a setting I hadn't got right but I'm not so sure. Can't get a handle on when/why yet though.

Dave

HTC Desire HD Forum

The HTC Desire HD release date was October 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1230mAh battery.

October 2010
Release Date
Reviews