1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

DHD & Kindle App, will I even need a Kindle?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by anneatkins, Oct 23, 2010.

1. anneatkins

anneatkins Well-Known Member

I like to read ebooks. I do it on my laptop, which is not too nice for hours on end.

So, now I have the DHD on the way and there's a kindle app that looks nice - so my question is, will I really even still need a kindle?

A little bird told me that my Mother in Law wants to get me one for Christmas, but should I tell her to save her money?

Thanks!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42

IMO, there are a lot of differences between an eBook reader and an eBook app. A kindle will be much kinder to the eyes than any backlit display. I couldn't use a phone/laptop for long reading sessions like I can a book/kindle. Plus, the battery life on the kindle can be measured in weeks, not hours.

eozen81 and anneatkins like this.
  3. karnka

karnka Android Expert

I've been using my SGS with the Kindle app for a few months and it works fine. I expect when I replace it with a DHD the same will be true.

There is a huge issue though, the battery life. Absolutely kills it. I'm planning to get a real Kindle for this reason.

anneatkins likes this.
  4. anneatkins

anneatkins Well-Known Member

OK thanks!

Yeah the battery is a big deal, true.

5. SithSurfer

SithSurfer Well-Known Member

I've tried reading on the 'old' Desire but there's no comparison to the 'real' Kindle - battery, bleeding eyes, etc. - it's cool when you need to look something up when you've forgotten Kindle, but otherwise it's quite useless to me.

HTC Desire HD Forum

The HTC Desire HD release date was October 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1230mAh battery.

October 2010
Release Date
Reviews