1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Accessories DHD Replacement battery

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bartek4311, Feb 20, 2011.

1. bartek4311

bartek4311 Lurker

I am wondering if i bought a 1600mAh battery for my DHD off Ebay for

Advertisement

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

I've bought a few "higher capacity" batteries since I got my handset in December and I've always, without fail, returned to using the standard battery about 3 weeks later.

The most recent one was this. Tops, I've got about an extra 3-4 hours out of the newer batteries, but that's at the expense of random reboots, crashes etc. The first battery was slightly bigger than the standard and as a consequence, the battery cover didn't sit flush with the rest of the phone.

My advice would be to steer clear and if you're looking to get a little extra juice out of it whilst on the move, look into one of those portable chargers, they seem the best bet.

Obviously, that's just my opinion, there could be others out there who've had better experiences than I.

PrideLeader and bartek4311 like this.
  3. Elthorne

Elthorne Newbie

I Totally agree. External batteries are the way to go and i would also suggest you get a dedicated 3g/2g switcher so the phone isnt constantly looking for a 3c signal-this eats battery

4. bartek4311

bartek4311 Lurker

Thanks, by a dedicated 2g/3g switcher do you mean one of those apps off the market? Sorry if this sounds a bit stupid :rolleyes:

5. El Presidente

VIP Member

You don't need an app for it mate, if you hold a blank area of any of the home screens, you'll get a menu up. From there go -

Widgets -> Settings -> Mobile Network.

That will add an icon to that homescreen that allows you to switch off 3G when you don't need it. You can do the same with Wifi too.

6. bartek4311

bartek4311 Lurker

Right, I've got it thanks mate, so all this does is it disables any internet connections which results in better battery life?

7. El Presidente

VIP Member

Yeah, with it on, it's constantly looking for a better signal than the one it currently has which is a killer when it comes to battery life.

Same with wifi too with all accounts, a lot of people switch wifi and mobile network off when they go to bed/it's not needed.

8. bartek4311

bartek4311 Lurker

Thanks a lot :)

Tags: