1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General DHD roms (2g/3g, energy)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by walawalabinbon, Jul 3, 2011.

1. walawalabinbon

None

Jul 3, 2011
    Hello everybody, I was wondering if anyone know of any ROM that allows to switch from 2g to 3g (or viceversa) automatically to some apps, like juicedefender, or extended controls. I think Cyanogenmod allows it, but I heard it doesn't provide a good energy administration.

And in the other hand, as I talked about energy administration, what ROM do you think works better for battery in DHD?

Thank you guys! ;)

Advertisement

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
    Welcome to the forums! :)

Do you mean assign a connection type to certain apps? Tasker might be able to do it. If you mean add a toggle to a homescreen to allow you to switch between 2G & 3G, Extended Controls could probably do that.

Generally speaking, most of the custom ROMs provide a better battery life than the standard HTC offering. I've used Cyanogen and LeeDroid and battery life wasn't a problem on either.

3. walawalabinbon

None

Jul 3, 2011
    Yes, extended controls can do that, but it only works on some ROMs, on the rest, the toggle button just leads you to the configuration menu to activate it yourself. I'm looking for a ROM that could change between 2g/3g just touching a widget or anything.

4. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42

Dec 1, 2009
    UK
    Juice defender will allow you to set specific apps to enable your internet connection, and it allows you to specify whether they do 3g or 2g, but I'm not completely sure if it will work as you're describing.

Tasker will definitely be able to do it, since you program it your self :) Personally I set mine up to switch to 2G only 5 minutes after the screen goes off and back to 3G when the screen is on.

EDIT: It's also worth noting, I only set up that rule in tasker because juicedefender wouldn't do it for me. For some reason it thinks cm7 is not compatible.

5. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
    Fair enough, I do recall downloading one of the free toggle apps and when I added that 2G-3G toggle, a message stating that came up.

6. ryu88

ryu88 Newbie
    None

Jan 31, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Try SwitchPro Widget.

Fully customisable like Extended Controls... has the 2G-3G button. Although I dont use it, I just have a button that toggles mobile data completely on and off.