• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root DI01 Odin Fix-All

Ok I am going the long route to try and get Ed01 modem..and also going to try and see if VZW will warranty my phone for a broken vibrator....hmm that sounds so wrong...

but I have been Odin'ing for about 20 minutes now and it is stuck on the Modem and nothing has moved for the last 10-15 minutes..should I unplug and try again?

Edit...I unplugged and started again..took about 2 minutes and worked fine...

Upvote 0
Cool story bro time:

I bricked my phone trying to downgrade from CyanogenMod 7.1 to stock DL09 on my Fascinate (SCH-I500). The handset would never boot past the Samsung logo.

When I went into the Android System recovery (ASR) tool, it would spit out "can't mount /dev/block/stl11" errors. Trying to restore using the sdcard:update.zip returned a "can't mount /dev/block/void/179:9" error.

When I pulled the battery and attempted to enter download mode by holding the volume key down, the handset never made it past the Samsung logo. I could only get to download mode by entering the ASR tool first, rebooting, and then holding down the volume button.

Odin 1.3 would see the phone on COM5, but when I attempted to apply the tar.md5, Odin would return with the error:
<ID:0/005> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/005> Can't open the serial(COM) port.

Solution:
Pull the battery and keep it out. Power on the phone with the USB cable connected (it'll pull power over the cable). Holding the volume button in the down position, it will go directly to download mode and Odin 1.3 will have no problem applying the .tar.md5 file.

Upvote 0
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> MD5 hash value is invalid
<OSM> DI01package3.tar.md5 is invalid.
<OSM> End...

Above is what Odin says when I try to flash DI01package3.tar.md5 via PDA
I am using Odin 1.83. I have tried multiple times with this file and other similar versions.
Anyone have any ideas what I can do?
Currently my phone boots, but no apps load, and the screen keeps flashing everytime I hit Home or other buttons. I also get many error msgs/ force close msgs for different apps.

Thanks for any help

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones